How Open Are You?

This is a discussion on How Open Are You? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not use face book will not use it. How ever I am what I am I have requirement to hide what I believe ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: How Open Are You?

I do not use face book will not use it.
    How ever I am what I am I have requirement to hide what I believe to be right. That is part of the problem we are now forced to hide every thing that is right behind closed doors and flaunt evil in the streets.
    I don't care who knows I carry I don't care who knows I own black and brown rifles. Someone has to stand up.
    Crashoften, 91wm6 and revldm like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Guess I don't understand the whole facebook thing,but it seems like a stupid thing to do, that is "tell everyone you carry".

VIP Member
    The only time I use facebook is to keep in touch with the people I used to fly with at Travis.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I used to post about it when I had a MySpace blog way back when, but that's been deleted long ago. I am not on Facebook and never will be. Husband is, but doesn't post gunstuff. Close family and friends know I carry. My next door neighbor knows, too.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I have a few firearm photos on Facebook, including one of my carry pistols, but nothing that makes it obvious that I carry to anyone outside of those who carry or understand enough about firearms to know that you can even legally carry a firearm concealed to begin with. I would bet that less than a dozen people know that I have my concealed carry permit, and even fewer understand that I'm carrying just about 24/7 outside of work. (Seems like most of those people only think I carry "in bad areas")

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    It is the Facebook-world we live in these days. People put EVERYTHING out there. I don't understand it at all. If the person isn't close enough to me both emotionally and geographically to show IN PERSON, then they probably don't NEED to know.

^^^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^

This is something the rest of society really doesn't need to know.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Family and a very few llike-minded friends know. I will never initiate the conversation with non family.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Some friends and family know about my carrying, but there is no way I would post anything on Facebook. I don't even mention guns on Facebook.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: How Open Are You?

I don't generally advertise that I carry, but I made an exception during the uproar over Sandy Hook. I think my friends and acquaintances find me to be a decent human being, and I think it's important that people understand that CHL/CCW permit holders are not maniacs or yokels. When a bunch of misguided people are yelling, "we just need to ban all guns!", I want to make them think about it. I also use my real name and photo here, because generally I believe in keeping the same persona everywhere. Keeps me honest.
    Ogre and 91wm6 like this.

I would never post it and only my girlfriend knows
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You said it all at the mention of Facebook. 95% of the posts there are by idiots; most of the others just haven't posted something dumb yet. That's just my opinion; I could be wrong,--but you've got to prove it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

"Always carry, Never Tell"

Facebook. Where the word "friend" became bastardized and the constant need for social reassurance moved from a personality flaw to a new virtue. Ugh!
    Alien1 likes this.

A good mantra for carrying concealed gun:

"discretion is the better part of valor."

VIP Member
    I have no problem with people knowing I carry. Of course I OC most of the time. My friends know I carry. Anyone who notices me OC'ing knows. As for broadcasting on FB or other forms of social media, I don't talk about it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links