How Open Are You? - Page 6

How Open Are You?

This is a discussion on How Open Are You? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How did our society ever thrive and prosper, with healthy children, families, and schools in the days when we were not able to know everything ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: How Open Are You?

How did our society ever thrive and prosper, with healthy children, families, and schools in the days when we were not able to know everything about everyone and could not be reached at any moment, regardless of any real need or purpose, through the wonderment of emoticons and text. Twitter.....where the flatulence of every inane thought is golden and in need of sharing and consuming.

I couldn't care less about what people think about me, I carry and I'm passionate about it. I've got family members and fb friends who don't like it (ignorance abounds).. well tough luck, they can visit me at my place if they want to see me (they're entitled to ask me to not carry in their home). Until I convince them.. I'll state my opinion in their home through the net.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

FB is a place where idiots bad mouth other people and air thier dirty laundry. I have even had family members use it to bad mouth me.( these same people have no problem with coming to me to bum money and whine about how unfair life is to them) I stay away from it. I don't like it at all! The people who know me know I carry and that is all that counts.

I will neither confirm nor deny if I carry.

I'm on facebook daily. Have friends and family all over the country and it's a great way for us to keep in touch. I am not afraid to post my pro 2A stance on there. I do it constantly. Especially since the recent school shooting and calls for increased gun laws. I've even managed to convince one that we aren't the problem. However I do not post pictures of what I own. That's like asking to get robbed. It's not too difficult to obtain a persons address on the internet.
    Question Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybm View Post
    I usually only tell those that "need to know" BUT need to know changes often.

On the other hand how many responded to "What Do You Carry" ? Guilty as charged.

J
    Sig 226 Navy. Lol.

Honestly, everything I say on the Internet is a lie or stretch of imagination. I probably am a card-carrying Brady supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    It is the Facebook-world we live in these days. People put EVERYTHING out there. I don't understand it at all. If the person isn't close enough to me both emotionally and geographically to show IN PERSON, then they probably don't NEED to know.
    What's a Facebook?
    DefConGun likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Talking about guns on FB is one thing but to actually post pictures of your gun/s is something that is beyond me. To me, this is begging someone to rob you. I don't post pics of guns or other items I have that might tempt someone to come and rob me. I'm not wealthy so its not like I'm worried about the Lambo in the driveway or the extensive Rolex collection but I want to keep what little I do have.

I bring this up b/c I have seen people do things like this. I haven't seen any Rolex pics but I have seen pics of pistols and this is like a top 10 item that burglars look for, etc.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links