Help me spend some cash on Concealed Carry stuff!

This is a discussion on Help me spend some cash on Concealed Carry stuff! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i have a budget of about $100 I would like to spend.. I am relatively new to concealed carry here in MI, about 3 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Help me spend some cash on Concealed Carry stuff!

So i have a budget of about $100 I would like to spend.. I am relatively new to concealed carry here in MI, about 3 months.I have a Bersa Thunder 9 UC (non-pro) that is carried in either a kydex paddle holster OWB, or a clip on nylon IWB holster(works good for what it is, comfort is a 6 or 7 out of 10, no real retention).

I only have 1 13rd mag for my EDC, newer serial #s of my pistol shipped with two, i missed that boat. Additional mags forthe pistol are pricey, $40-$50 each. But as we all know, there may be a time coming soon where all I can buy is lousey 10rd mags for the same price...

Should I buy another 13rd mag for my carry pistol, maybe a good folding knife, a better IWB holster? I have a good real gun belt...I'd love to try a UBG Striker holster for IWB, but that eats up 70% of the budget.

Can anyone help me put together a shopping list of MUST HAVES with a roughly $100 budget? Many thanks in advance!

VIP Member
    I'd go with the magazine. Holsters and knives will be available for a long time to come.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

good point.. looks like the mags are already starting to go out of stock... dang it.. might have waited too long on that one. hate to see what price theyre fetching on gunbroker.

VIP Member
    More magazines would be at the top of my list. Even if the current situation were different you really do need more than one magazine. Keep one or two for carry and another couple for training. The one or two you carry should be function checked occasionally, but try not to let them hit the deck and getting damaged. Use the training mags for that.

You already have a holster so that isn't an imperative. The knife is also not as high on my list.

Ammunition and magazines would be my top priorities if I were in your situation.
    joker1 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Also in favor of magazines, especially the "evil" ones above 10 rounds.

As for knives, you can get those relatively cheap that work well. Those will be around for some time to come.

Stock up on ammo too. Hope this helps, happy buying!
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Yes, do get some more HC magazines before they are gone or over priced. I am looking to get two more revolvers just in case all magazines prices go sky high. Gotta beat these goons one way or another. also the gun and ammo manufactures are not helping by over charging us now.

GH
    I agree that a spare mag should be your first priority. Spend the rest on ammo.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Send me half your cash and I'll be glad to help you out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

all good ideas.. IF i can find a 13rd mag now.. looks to be getting scarce.. i think a mag or two (hard to do at 40-50/ea) and the rest on defensive carry ammo..

You should definitely get a magazine.

With your $100 budget (give or take a couple dollars), you should be able to get both a spare magazine and a better IWB holster.

I'm a big fan of this style holster. I have them in brown leather for every handgun I carry, but can be had in black as well, to fit your personal sense of style (although nobody should be seeing it anyway). The one pictured is from JBP Holsters, but pretty much every gunleather company makes something similar, so they shouldn't be too hard to find. I find this style to be very comfortable, and not overly large or bulky like some of the more "modern" designs like Crossbreed/MTAC/etc.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Get a magazine. You'll love your gun. Bersa makes great guns. I've never had a failure of any kind with mine.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I do love my Bersa.. for a hammer fired DA/SA pistol.. it truly is an amazing firearm. I'd love to get the 45 variant as well as the new BP9CC.

Grant, that does look like a might nice IWB leather holster... id love to find one purpose made for the Bersa 9/40/45s.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Mags and ammo. Better holsters are something to think about too though.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Grant, that does look like a might nice IWB leather holster... id love to find one purpose made for the Bersa 9/40/45s.
    Well, they do have them listed for Bersa models. However, I'm not sure if they are molded specifically for them, or just "close enough".

Link: Inside the Waist Band (IWB) Concealment Holster with belt straps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links