Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings - Page 2

Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings

This is a discussion on Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mag capacity limits are ignorant in all forms: who's gonna bet their life by rushing a gunman that he 1) isn't gonna have the mag ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings

Mag capacity limits are ignorant in all forms: who's gonna bet their life by rushing a gunman that he 1) isn't gonna have the mag changed out, 2) didn't leave a round in the chamber, AND 3) doesn't have a second (or more) weapon.
    smolck likes this.

Has any mass killer ever run out of ammo...?

I didn't think so.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Under no circumstances should either of these videos be held up to the antis. Keep it up, and we will all be limited to 1851 Navies.
    StarPD45 and ksholder like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

When the school "emergency plan" consists of "hide in the corner and hope you don't get shot" then I guess mag (cylinder?) capacity doesn't matter.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I mean, do the libs and anti-gun people really think limiting round capacity is going to stop a madman? (obviously we know the answer).

But when you watch this think, "would you have time to rush the guy in between mag changes?". Answer, Nope. But my 155gr .40cal Hornadys can!

They do not care so do not bother.

Man, that was fast! and it shows I really need to work on my reloading skills. One question though, It looked like his mag was not to concealable to me, from where he was carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Perhaps a revolver demonstration will help the argument...
    World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube
    Very impressive and makes the point quite clear!

Anyone got a video on how fast a person can throw 12 knives? Or how about drink 12 beers and climb behind a steering wheel?

You don't need a video to prove that limiting magazines will stop mass killings. Adam Lanza reloaded multiple times, even when his magazines had as many as 15 rounds left. It also didn't help that his victims were incapable of defending themselves.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Courant.com
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    My 1911 would close the slide when I inserted the new mag with force. My gunsmith told my I was damaging the firearm so I quit doing it. Was I told wrong?
    It won't hurt as long as the magazine you insert is loaded. It should NOT close on an empty magazine.

Only thing that will hurt a 1911 is slamming the slide closed on an empty chamber. For example. Lock the slide back with no magazine and then hit the slide release. That is bad.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

The problem is, when you address the antis with common sense you get labeled as a nut. Example, how long do you think it would have taken the nut to kill all of those kids had he been using a pump shotgun that holds five rounds? Maybe, 30 seconds to a minute longer. How much sooner would help have arrived? No sooner than it did. Their arguments are knee jerk reactions based solely on emotion and no amount of common sense will alter their views.
    Last edited by BigSky_; January 17th, 2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Corrected a spelling error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links