Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings

Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings

This is a discussion on Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mean, do the libs and anti-gun people really think limiting round capacity is going to stop a madman? (obviously we know the answer). But ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Send this video to everyone who says "low" capacity mags will stop mass killings

I mean, do the libs and anti-gun people really think limiting round capacity is going to stop a madman? (obviously we know the answer).

But when you watch this think, "would you have time to rush the guy in between mag changes?". Answer, Nope. But my 155gr .40cal Hornadys can!

As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Yeah, that's going to really make anti's feel better about handguns in general.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Well, he is not exactly working the locked back slide and he has a pretty wide beveled mag well. Still, his times are pretty impressive. He does rely on the empty mag to fall free - which they usually do, but not always. I spend the extra second to extract the mag then insert the new mag.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

That's the way I was taught at FrontSight.... Time is of the essence, the mags pass in mid air..

Perhaps a revolver demonstration will help the argument...
    World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube
    pittypat21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Perhaps a revolver demonstration will help the argument...
    World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds - YouTube
    Exactly my point. ANYONE who is determined to kill people is going to kill people. Either with a 6 shooter or 30 shooter.
    darbo likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Well, he is not exactly working the locked back slide and he has a pretty wide beveled mag well. Still, his times are pretty impressive. He does rely on the empty mag to fall free - which they usually do, but not always. I spend the extra second to extract the mag then insert the new mag.
    Depending on the weapon, the slide might go forward upon new mag insertion(if the mag is inserted forcefully). I know that works with my duty G21. If I slam the mag home, the slide will go forward, same as the Sig my department used to carry. Even without the slide releasing due to mag insertion, it isnt hard to release the slide forward on any modern handgun. Why extract the mag if it is falling free?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Probably the most impressive I've seen was the video of Todd Jarrett firing 1K rounds in a .45 in, I think, 10 minutes,with a Para-ord.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

RKM
    The only problem is, most mass-shootings aren't done by skilled, professional shooters. I don't think thes would prove anything to anti's. If anything, it would make it worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Depending on the weapon, the slide might go forward upon new mag insertion(if the mag is inserted forcefully). I know that works with my duty G21. If I slam the mag home, the slide will go forward, same as the Sig my department used to carry. Even without the slide releasing due to mag insertion, it isnt hard to release the slide forward on any modern handgun. Why extract the mag if it is falling free?
    Because they don't always fall free. If you expect it to fall free and it does not, you will spend more time trying to slam the new mag into the bottom of the old mag and you will eventually have to rip it out anyway. That would take far longer than just getting in the habit of ripping it out then replacing it.

My G21 only moves forward sometimes when the mags are slammed home.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    The only problem is, most mass-shootings aren't done by skilled, professional shooters.
    Correct. I'll bet most of those clowns couldn't even clear their weapon if it jammed.
    Hopyard and pittypat21 like this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Both videos are impressive. I wish I could shoot like that. But I feel these examples are the exception not the rule. How many hours of practice did it take to get the mag change down to that time? Can you pick up a stock revolver and shoot like Jerry M?

I feel showing this video around to those uninformed may do more harm than good. People feel like they need to do something to prevent more of these shootings. What we need to do is talk about options that don't freak the anti's out. Lately I have been using Gen Grossman'analogyoy to fire safety at schools (fire drills, national fire safety week, sprinkler system, fire retardant everything). What would be the firearequivalentnt of that look like. People want schools to be safe and not look like a jail....to counter that I remind people that the world is a very different place then when we (I'm 47) grew up.violentnt video gamesactuallyll videos of people being killed, the list could go on and on)

This seems to calm, some what, the knee jerk reaction when it come to gun control. We need to get people thinking about other options without sounding like the media driven opinion of ownerswers. We have to stop using the time honored "guns don't kill people..." while very true, the non-gun owners think that is NRA speak.

In the words of the late Stephen Covey we need to "seek to understand before trying to be understood" I totaly agree that a motivated person will do regardless of what tool they have accessable. We need to be smart on how we approach those who have different views than we do.

Nick
    Hopyard, BlueHawk76 and jakmak52 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Because they don't always fall free. If you expect it to fall free and it does not, you will spend more time trying to slam the new mag into the bottom of the old mag and you will eventually have to rip it out anyway. That would take far longer than just getting in the habit of ripping it out then replacing it.

My G21 only moves forward sometimes when the mags are slammed home.
    My G21, its more an exception than a rule, that if i slam a new mag home, the slide goes forward, than the slide doesn't move. From peripheral vision and sound feedback, I could tell, in a normal exchange scenario, if my magazine dropped or not.

My 1911 would close the slide when I inserted the new mag with force. My gunsmith told my I was damaging the firearm so I quit doing it. Was I told wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    My 1911 would close the slide when I inserted the new mag with force. My gunsmith told my I was damaging the firearm so I quit doing it. Was I told wrong?
    I haven't had a 1911 but from general experience, I would say no, you aren't damaging the firearm. 1911 firearms wouldn't have the reputation they have if that was true, about damaging a firearm with forceful mag changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links