I have a question for gutless people - Page 4

I have a question for gutless people

This is a discussion on I have a question for gutless people within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pittypat21 So do a homicide and a suicide. Nighty-night....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I have a question for gutless people

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    So do a homicide and a suicide.
    Nighty-night.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Nighty-night.
    Night
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

OP, what type of rig are you using? Is a gun belt in this equation? More often than not, when I hear about someone having issues concealing it's because a pants belt is being used in place of a stiff gun belt. Are you using a holster designed for AIWB or pressing a zero degree cant holster into appendix carry? Possibly move the carry position out further away from your midline. Are your shirts or cover garments too tight?

I carry either a G23 or Sig P229 AIWB, but I push it out closer to riding over my thigh. Everyone's body is different and AIWB seems to really enforce that; find the sweet spot.

GH
    I carry AOWB occasionally but I always make sure the gun is canted away from the jewels. That way all I'll lose is a knee., lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    It's been several years since anyone has been able to call me gutless!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    To those thinking about AD,NDs...why do you carry in the first place? Myself I carry to protect me and mine. My thoughts on how to carry then are what is the fastest and easiest means possible to get my weapon into play if a situation should ever rise. What the best-est when the SHTF! AIWB seems to be what I'm looking for.

Yes Sh** Happens but I don't worry about what could happen I think about what can and will happen if I need it. Those who worry about what could happen only get high blood pressure and ulcers.

But each to his/her own!
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

6'4" 173lbs.... That seems like a AIWB carriers dream.... I'm 6'2" 234lbs and I do I all the time, it's quite comfortable to carry my G19 there, but I prefer the 3:30 position over the appendix carry unless I'm using my Vanguard 2 holster. Awesome holster for that position. That holster is probably the best AIWB type carry holster out there for appendix carry, as far as I'm concerned that is..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    To those thinking about AD,NDs...why do you carry in the first place? Myself I carry to protect me and mine. My thoughts on how to carry then are what is the fastest and easiest means possible to get my weapon into play if a situation should ever rise. What the best-est when the SHTF! AIWB seems to be what I'm looking for.

Yes Sh** Happens but I don't worry about what could happen I think about what can and will happen if I need it. Those who worry about what could happen only get high blood pressure and ulcers.

But each to his/her own!
    Fastest and easiest occur for me from 3:00/9:00. AIWB is not what I'm looking for.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    100% operator-induced, no doubt about it. Happy yet?
    ^Maybe never will, Mike.^^^^^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

To the OP'a point: I am reasonably gutless (for an over 50 man). I don't like strong side carry because it aggravates an old rotator cuff injury, and so have used pocket carry. I am 'testing out' carrying aiwb presently. I would like to have quicker access to my revolver in case of need, and that is the reason for me switching from front pocket carry. So far, I have had no problems with it being uncomfortable, and I can definitely get the weapon out more quickly and with assurance of a good firing grip. I have found right in front of my right hip bone to be most comfortable, rather than closer to the midline. I use a j frame sized revolver, so it certainly isn't a large gun to conceal. I would suggest experimenting with positioning and 'ride depth' until you find a comfortable spot. And, practice your draw and reholstering technique before you switch completely-no room for error with aiwb. JMHO, and good luck. It can be done.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    What ever you do not try pager pal or smart carry, if you are afraid to carry one in the pipe.Have you considered what
    the ramifications are when you try raking an auto in stressful situation?
    Last edited by Stetson; January 4th, 2013 at 12:27 AM. Reason: sp,grammer

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    I too am tall and lean, AIWB is the most comfortable way for me to carry my Kahr CM9. I also feel like its more secure being right in front of me, rather than 3-4 oclock. I dont have to worry about bending forward or drawing in the car.

If you are afraid of blowing your nuts off, buy a different gun that doesnt go off when your fingers off the trigger.
    Loosing your genitals carrying AIWB is least of the dangers. Your femoral is right there and in just a few minutes, you're gone.

For those that choose to carry this way, proper training in paramount. Your point about a finger, while colorful, doesn't cover it all. And unfortunately others miss that too. You can have an ND with your finger never toughing the trigger when holstering.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

Yup. Don't shoot yourselves folks! My femoral is relatively safe....other parts are at risk though. Luckily I don't plan on entering any speed re-holstering competitions, and unlike 4:00 carry, I can see inside my holster to make sure nothing is there.

For the OP - what gun belt and holster(s) have you tried so far?

Austin

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: I have a question for gutless people

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    OP, what type of rig are you using? Is a gun belt in this equation? More often than not, when I hear about someone having issues concealing it's because a pants belt is being used in place of a stiff gun belt. Are you using a holster designed for AIWB or pressing a zero degree cant holster into appendix carry? Possibly move the carry position out further away from your midline. Are your shirts or cover garments too tight?

I carry either a G23 or Sig P229 AIWB, but I push it out closer to riding over my thigh. Everyone's body is different and AIWB seems to really enforce that; find the sweet spot.
    I have a gun belt but haven't used it while aiwb since my reg belt is pretty stiff, I'll give it a try before I give up.

I also have not tried any holsters made for aiwb, comfort has not been an issue, just the added bulk up front caused 2 family members to notice on the same day.

I may just take a leap and buy a aiwb holster and return it if it doesnt work out... in the winter I need to be able to tuck my shirt in

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

I think you may have found the issue. Check out some purpose built AIWB holsters, I own holsters from Dale Fricke, (Zac and Archangel), and Garrett Industries for AIWB. There are plenty of other good options out there. I will say Mr. Fricke has a generous return policy and I believe the Zac sells for less than $20. It's not an EDC holster for me, more for special situations, but plenty of people use one everyday.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links