shoulder surgery

This is a discussion on shoulder surgery within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by high pockets ....it was 6 months before he would let me pick up a golf club, much less swing it.. A side ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: shoulder surgery

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    ....it was 6 months before he would let me pick up a golf club, much less swing it..
    A side benefit for me was my slice was gone when I finally got back on the golf course! I don't hit quite as far, but it's right down the middle now.

2. Remove Ads

I suffered with a strong side hand fracture a few years ago, and Mrs Superhouse broke her elbow last year. We didn't have much time to prepare either time. It's good to have a common gun. You don't want to hunt for a holster for a wierd gun. If you have a gun that uses EVIL HIGH CAPACITY ASSAULT MACHINEGUN CLIPS! you don't have to reload as often and the fat magazines are easier to hold on to. Crimson trace grips help with weak hand/one hand only shooting. A medium sized gun is more comfortable to shoot than a pocket gun, but the Bobcat/Jetfire/Tomcat series works well if slide manipulation is an issue. I personally think the Tomcat is a fantastic gun for people with mobility or strength issues. When my wife broke her elbow we were glad we had a CT equipped Tomcat and a model 21 in .22lr to train with. In my case, I was carrying a 1911 when I broke my hand, and I ended up with a Glock 19 while I healed. The 9mm was a lot easier to control than the .45. My Kel Tec .32 was too hard to use as a BUG, which is how I ended up with the Tomcat.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

been there, done that, got the t-shirt twice. you will be in a sling for 4 plus weeks. then 4 weeks plus of rehab to build the arm back. learn to carry and shoot left hand is the only thing to do. other functions will all so go to the left hand. i dropped lots of food on me,,,etc...
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links