It Happens To The Best of Us...

This is a discussion on It Happens To The Best of Us... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 91wm6 OK Mike we get it. You're a super covert operator with 100% perfect situational awareness at all times ... Can we ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: It Happens To The Best of Us...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    OK Mike we get it. You're a super covert operator with 100% perfect situational awareness at all times ... Can we move on?
    Sure, just quit responding to me.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Oh well.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Oops. Reach up with weak hand, down with strong hand, bend at the knees (not waist).

Last summer the girlfriend and I were on a bike ride and she came peddaling up along side me and asks "is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me?". I was wearing regular canvas Carhart shorts with the Ed Brown in an IWB covered by a light wicking T shirt and was printing pretty obviously when scrunched down on my road bike.

I didn't really care (we had seen a coyote out mid day on the same ride the day before, and have seen bears and questionable two legged animals along the route at other times), but it was the first and last time she noticed me with 'my slip hanging', and she is usually checking on a regular basis.
    minimalbrat and mano3 like this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Last summer the girlfriend and I were on a bike ride and she came peddaling up along side me and asks "is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me?". I was wearing regular canvas Carhart shorts with the Ed Brown in an IWB covered by a light wicking T shirt and was printing pretty obviously when scrunched down on my road bike.

I didn't really care (we had seen a coyote out mid day on the same ride the day before, and have seen bears and questionable two legged animals along the route at other times), but it was the first and last time she noticed me with 'my slip hanging', and she is usually checking on a regular basis.
    When I road bike, My Glock 19 is at 3:00 in my Brommeland Max-Con V, covered by a size-larger t-shirt. The only time it gets tough is when a strong wind is coming from my 4:00. Even then, the gun is out of position to be observed from the roadway.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by DubH00 View Post
    why yes its another "Made" thread..

So Wife and I went out shopping on New Years day. She had purchased a couple items the week before and wanted to return them. We walk into the store and began to look around to see what she would exchange for. There are about 7-8 people and 2 workers in this particular store. My wife spots a pair of boots that are on the top shelf (7 feet) up that she wants to see.

I typically carry strong side IWB sticky holster LC9. The shirt I had on that day was pretty long in my opinion. Shirt was not tucked and stopped about the bottom of front pockets. So I decided to reach up (6'2) and grab the boots. First time no problem..no one is around. She is now looking at the boot and here comes the little sales guy. He appears to be around 20-24 very helpful guy the entire time. My wife decides she wants to see the other pair that is beside those. I then reach up to grab for the shoe. The sales guy is standing on my strong side. I bring the boot down and look at him. He quickly says "If you need anything let me know" and disappears. It then hits me...I asked my wife can you see my gun and perform the same motion again...Well you know the reply..."YES" I can see the entire weapon..

I make my way to the front to finish the transaction and when I speak to the girl at the counter "also in her early 20's) she jumps..very nervous look on her face...I believe the male sales rep radioed her about me..lol..we finished the transaction and continued on our merry way...

Way to bring in the New Years...guess I have my (1) down for the year..life goes on

P.S. With normal movement I was fine..just glad the customers didn't participate in the "Flash Show"..
    Wow, I bet those two workers are thankful to be alive today. They saw a evil black AK47 assault rifle carried by some dude making erratic motions, whew!

Way to scare the bejeezus outta people OP.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

It happens lol. If you lift up your arms and can see your gun you might want to reevaluate what a long shirt is lol. First thing the hubby does before I walk out the door is make me lift my arms up as high as I can get them to make sure you can't see my gun. Since I wear long shirts he hasn't been able to see the gun.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Can I assume that you weren't at Wal-Mart? lol
    Doesn't everyone carry at Walmart lol? I don't shop there but if I were going to I would sure want to be armed. Have you seen some of the people in that place lol.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    If I have to reach up to get something, I always use my weak hand, that way my pistol stays concealed.
    I usually do this too, as a precaution, but wouldn't be surprised if I have flashed at some point. I try to be conscience of my carry but don't dwell on it too much. If someone sees it I'll tell 'em I have a license to carry and move along
    DubH00 likes this.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    you guys just need some more fat hanging over your belt. works great. it hides the gun and no one wants to look anyway.
    mano3 and nontechguy like this.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Can I assume that you weren't at Wal-Mart? lol
    Nope wasn't at the Wally World it was Woman's department store..

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Oh well.
    that was my feelings..Oh Well keep it moving, no harm no foul..

I guess it all depends on where you live; I just went to the grocery store and was "made" by everyone in the store. 'Course I was OCing so everyone could see and no one gave a damn; gotta love livin' in "Free America".

I have lived in open carry legal states most my life and even if CCing I don't much care about showing.

Quote Originally Posted by DubH00 View Post
    Why a hoodie..lol... It happened to be a nice button down shirt and lavishly coordinated. True if they would have asked us to leave I would have left to allow my wife to finish her return..
    ROFL when I read you were lavishly coordinated. Very good indeed.
    DubH00 and scstarr like this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I guess it all depends on where you live; I just went to the grocery store and was "made" by everyone in the store. 'Course I was OCing so everyone could see and no one gave a damn; gotta love livin' in "Free America".

I have lived in open carry legal states most my life and even if CCing I don't much care about showing.
    Gee, by popular opinion you should have been targeted and shot by a BG long ago!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links