It Happens To The Best of Us...

This is a discussion on It Happens To The Best of Us... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; why yes its another "Made" thread.. So Wife and I went out shopping on New Years day. She had purchased a couple items the week ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: It Happens To The Best of Us...

why yes its another "Made" thread..

So Wife and I went out shopping on New Years day. She had purchased a couple items the week before and wanted to return them. We walk into the store and began to look around to see what she would exchange for. There are about 7-8 people and 2 workers in this particular store. My wife spots a pair of boots that are on the top shelf (7 feet) up that she wants to see.

I typically carry strong side IWB sticky holster LC9. The shirt I had on that day was pretty long in my opinion. Shirt was not tucked and stopped about the bottom of front pockets. So I decided to reach up (6'2) and grab the boots. First time no problem..no one is around. She is now looking at the boot and here comes the little sales guy. He appears to be around 20-24 very helpful guy the entire time. My wife decides she wants to see the other pair that is beside those. I then reach up to grab for the shoe. The sales guy is standing on my strong side. I bring the boot down and look at him. He quickly says "If you need anything let me know" and disappears. It then hits me...I asked my wife can you see my gun and perform the same motion again...Well you know the reply..."YES" I can see the entire weapon..

I make my way to the front to finish the transaction and when I speak to the girl at the counter "also in her early 20's) she jumps..very nervous look on her face...I believe the male sales rep radioed her about me..lol..we finished the transaction and continued on our merry way...

Way to bring in the New Years...guess I have my (1) down for the year..life goes on

P.S. With normal movement I was fine..just glad the customers didn't participate in the "Flash Show"..

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    well at least they didn't ask you to leave...you may want to leave the hoodie off next time
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    "It Happens To The Best of Us..."

Nope, it has never happened to me.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

That you know of young grass hopper...lol
    kaikane0812 and mano3 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubH00 View Post
    That you know of young grass hopper...lol
    I have gone to considerable effort and expense to make sure I know.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    well at least they didn't ask you to leave...you may want to leave the hoodie off next time
    Why a hoodie..lol... It happened to be a nice button down shirt and lavishly coordinated. True if they would have asked us to leave I would have left to allow my wife to finish her return..
    bandrich likes this.

Re: It Happens To The Best of Us...

Happened to me just today... I was wearing a new shirt my wife bought me for Christmas, its a thinner material for workouts.. got out of my truck and the wind blew and I may as well have had it out in the open.. it printed so bad you could've practically read the serial number :(

I have gone to considerable effort and expense to make sure I know.
    OK Mike we get it. You're a super covert operator with 100% perfect situational awareness at all times ... Can we move on now?

OP sounds like you handled the situation with a cool head, good job!
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DubH00 View Post
    why yes its another "Made" thread..
    :
    Gotta give you credit for at least admitting it. Still I must say--it really is no one else's business and if CC is so difficult for many that they need constant reminders and updates, they probably should not be CC in the first place.

GH
    Can I assume that you weren't at Wal-Mart? lol
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member

Not that your aware of.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If I have to reach up to get something, I always use my weak hand, that way my pistol stays concealed.
    GoldwingElf likes this.

No doubt has happened to me but not aware of it.

I usually carry in a pocket holster and that's not too obvious unless my strong side
    pants leg is drooping lower.

Belt carry is where I might get made, especially OWB with a slide holster and the Bersa.
    There are times when that butt just won't stay tight to my body. I should add it's the old
    all steel Mod. 383 not the later polymer model.

J

Biggest share of the time I carry iwb so hopefully that will never happen. Just in case.

I was out running once with my wife on the track that goes around - not through - the local middle school. At one point I picked up the pace a bit and got ahead of my wife who started grabbing at my shirt. Apparently, for who knows how long, I'd been running with my shirt caught behind my holster. I know good and well at least one person had to have seen it, and open carry wasn't quite legal at the time. No harm no foul though.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links