Rack a Glock during draw, or carry in chamber

This is a discussion on Rack a Glock during draw, or carry in chamber within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone see ANY safety issues with the Glocks in carry condition 0 ???? Should I be concerned about the hair trigger on a G-26?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Rack a Glock during draw, or carry in chamber

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Anyone see ANY safety issues with the Glocks in carry condition 0 ????

Should I be concerned about the hair trigger on a G-26?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Anyone see ANY safety issues with the Glocks in carry condition 0 ????

Should I be concerned about the hair trigger on a G-26?
    If you have a hair trigger on a Glock 26, contact the factory or a Certified Glock Armorer immediately, because something is terribly wrong.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

The factory trigger pull on a Glock is in the 5-6 pound range, which isn't exactly a "hair trigger."

If you don't want to fire the gun, don't pull the trigger. Take the usual precautions when unholstering and re-holstering to avoid getting clothing caught up in the trigger guard. I carry my 19 in a Kydex holster with a round chambered. It's not going to go off by itself.
    nerdyvirgin and pittypat21 like this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If you have a hair trigger on a Glock 26, contact the factory or a Certified Glock Armorer immediately, because something is terribly wrong.
    Mike, it may be me and not the trigger...but the G-26 seems to have a dangerous trigger compared to the DA triggers I'm used to in my LC9 and my LCP. But I shoot the G-26 much better than either of mine but I am not sure if I need to be afraid of it????
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I carry all of my guns the same way - loaded. If you do not have a round chambered it is the same as unloaded.
    GunTrooper, BenGoodLuck and Lena like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

^What he said^

But for a properly functioning glock, it's no more dangerous to carry with one in the chamber than any other gun. When people have problems is when something gets caught in the trigger guard during holstering (loose end of a cover garment, the bungee cord toggle at the bottom of jackets, leather holster fails and folds in, etc...). Without an external hammer, there is no feedback when the trigger is being inadvertently pulled.

Shouldn't be a problem if you holster slow and "look" the gun into the holster.

VIP Member
    Mike, it may be me and not the trigger...but the G-26 seems to have a dangerous trigger compared to the DA triggers I'm used to in my LC9 and my LCP. But I shoot the G-26 much better than either of mine but I am not sure if I need to be afraid of it????
    No surprises anywhere in you post, except for the dangerous part. I recommend lots of draws and dry fires for you until you become comfortable with the platform.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Oh Joy.

Another "One in the Pipe" thread...
    sioux565, Echo_Four and KBSR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    Oh Joy.

Another "One in the Pipe" thread...
    Nothing to do here about one in the pipe....more so about two different trigger pulls and safety. At least for me....
    TX expat likes this.

VIP Member
    Nothing to do here about one in the pipe....more so about two different trigger pulls and safety. At least for me....
    Your questions are legitimate, and worthy of address.
    TX expat and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    William T. Sherman

Your questions are legitimate, and worthy of address.
    Mike, I have become very comfortable with one in the chamber on the LC9 and the slide safety on. I have also become very adapt at releasing the safety on extraction well before gun is on target. This I think is due to the size and placement of the safety on the LC9. When I carry the LCP I also have one in the chamber but the DA trigger pull on the LCP gives me a margin of safety. (at least I have come to believe this)....I seem to be very very concerned about the G-26 (why I'm not to sure).......

perhaps lots more dry firing practice is need for me anyway..but thanks for the comments....

GH
    I always carried with a chambered round.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I carry a Glock - I keep a round in the chamber. A good holster is key - you want the trigger to be protected. If the trigger is protected - then all you have to do is draw the gun with your finger off the trigger (do whatever needs to be done) and then take your time reholstering. The gun won't shoot unless "something" pulls the trigger. So keep the trigger safe.

Austin

VIP Member
    I'd suggest that you either shoot another Glock, or have another Glock shooter try your 26, or both would be best.

A 5 lb. pull isn't what I would call a hair trigger, so the first thing I'd do is verify that your trigger is about what the average Glock has.

If it is, then it's just a matter of you getting used to it. If it's light, then I'd definitely have a look at why it's light. If you purchased it used, maybe the previous owner did some trigger work, which might explain a lighter than normal trigger. If it was new, then you'd still want to verify that it's 'you' and not some sort of factory defect.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Always chambered in a good holster with trigger protector.

If there is a trigger issue then it needs fixed quick or unloaded and locked up for your and other peoples safety.

Or if you just feel the built in trigger safety is not sufficient then you could have a SiderLock Trigger Safety by Lone Wolf installed and you wouldn't be able to pull the trigger without pressing the button

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Siderlock Trigger Safety - $49.95

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links