Concealed Carry Purses

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Purses within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was just curious... Per Ohio law if you are carrying concealed anywhere in your other car other than on your person, you have to keep ...

Thread: Concealed Carry Purses

Concealed Carry Purses

Was just curious...

Per Ohio law if you are carrying concealed anywhere in your other car other than on your person, you have to keep the gun and loaded magazine seperate. What happens if I have a gun in my concealed carry purse on the seat beside me? Do I have to keep the magazine out of my purse seperate from the gun?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    First of all, welcome to Defensive Carry! Glad you joined us.

Laws vary by state, and you're consulting a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly folks... but only a few of us are lawyers. This may be better to ask your own lawyer.

Also, be cautious about assuming the law makes sense.

Wishing you the best!

In Ohio, if you have your CHL you can carry any way you want in the car. It can be on the passenger seat, console, or on your lap. Even if some methods may not be advised due to safety they are all legal.

SB17 went into effect on September 30th, 2011 and removed the requirement for a handgun to be in a holster or on your person when you have a CHL. This bill also removed the requirement of having the handgun in a closed or locked case.

Links