How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America?

This is a discussion on How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder who all the CC permit holders voted for? That is what I would like to know....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America?

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    I wonder who all the CC permit holders voted for? That is what I would like to know.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    I'm going to guess that 70% or more of the people with the permit or license do NOT carry. I know 10 maybe more people with their PA LTCF. I only know one other who carries daily, other than myself, but that's because he's a LEO. He will carry MOST of the time off duty, but not always. A few others will carry on occasion.

I'm in pajama pants and a t-shirt, just relaxing, and there is a J-frame in my pocket.

Now include the OC crowd & that's quite a few guns on the street.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Navman View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked here before.

But with the "357 snub nosed packin' she's more important than us or our loved one's" Diane Fienstein about to rewrite our 2nd ammendment, I want to write my Congress Man/Woman to try to put things in prospective (with over 20,000 gun laws in our nation already.)

Also looking for some stats where a lawfully armed citizen saved lives.

One I'm going to link is the conceal carry young man at our local Clackamas town center here in Oregon that was seen by the shooter, then never fired another shot on shoppers.

Thanks guys and girls!
    They don't care about saving lives...if they did, they wouldn't do things which make it easier for evil people to kill innocent people...such as smuggling weapons to evil people through a "program" called "fast and furious" or they wouldn't have been involved in brokering an Arms deal in Benghazi where 4 Americans lost their lives.

Seems like they only have a problem with law abiding citizens owning guns.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    I really have a hard time believing that Maryland has 47,000 concealed permits active. Is there ANYBODY that is a member here that has one?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    It seems Missouri had 5,100 new permits in just the last two months. From a period 10/31/12 - 12/31/12.

Total valid permits 160,184.

http://dor.mo.gov/publicreports/di35...wcr_report.txt

Onward and upward!
    Sadly we only account for just over 2.5% of the state population. Based on the 2011 census data, after removing all the 18 and under, we are still only roughly 3.5% of the population. That's pretty weak.

Even scarier is that we have a higher percentage than Texas (if those stats can be trusted). They are just over 2% total or 2.8% with minors removed...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navman View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked here before.

But with the "357 snub nosed packin' she's more important than us or our loved one's" Diane Fienstein about to rewrite our 2nd ammendment, I want to write my Congress Man/Woman to try to put things in prospective (with over 20,000 gun laws in our nation already.)

Also looking for some stats where a lawfully armed citizen saved lives.

One I'm going to link is the conceal carry young man at our local Clackamas town center here in Oregon that was seen by the shooter, then never fired another shot on shoppers.

Thanks guys and girls!
    Short answer, last stat I saw from the GOA stated over 1.8 million concealed permits issued currently in the US.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    have a friend i work with who grew up in northern california and he said it is actually pretty gun friendly up there. and we are talking north of san fran. lot of farms and country up there. its the southern california that is so communist!
    Everything north and east of San Francisco is gun country. Everything east of the coastal mountain range is pretty gun friendly

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    have a friend i work with who grew up in northern california and he said it is actually pretty gun friendly up there. and we are talking north of san fran. lot of farms and country up there. its the southern california that is so communist!
    I meant I thought the Cali total would be much higher.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links