How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America?

This is a discussion on How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry if this has been asked here before. But with the "357 snub nosed packin' she's more important than us or our loved one's" Diane ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America?

How many "Conceal Carry" are there in America?

Sorry if this has been asked here before.

But with the "357 snub nosed packin' she's more important than us or our loved one's" Diane Fienstein about to rewrite our 2nd ammendment, I want to write my Congress Man/Woman to try to put things in prospective (with over 20,000 gun laws in our nation already.)

Also looking for some stats where a lawfully armed citizen saved lives.

One I'm going to link is the conceal carry young man at our local Clackamas town center here in Oregon that was seen by the shooter, then never fired another shot on shoppers.

Thanks guys and girls!

2. Remove Ads

The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.
    FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It seems Missouri had 5,100 new permits in just the last two months. From a period 10/31/12 - 12/31/12.

Total valid permits 160,184.

http://dor.mo.gov/publicreports/di35...wcr_report.txt

Onward and upward!
    Rawah, darbo and DPro.40 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    47k in Maryland? I seriously doubt that one. 35k in Cali seems unlikely, as well.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    We can have all the letters and replies we want and many will inform many of our forum members but the bottom line is that the Brady shmoes and the Feinstein ugly female dogs (if you get my true word) do not give a rat's behind about what you think or what I think. The threads are interesting but they only preach to the choir and no one else. Just look at the last election--a narcissistic incompetent moslem fascist chicage thug who is trying to sink this country into third worldism and still got reelected tells you what will be left of this country come 2016. If we are lucky we can elect a real American and maybe salvage something--if not---it is probably over for the America we on this forum love and respect. Then and only then will subjects like how many firerms you have or how many CCers are out there will have some reason for being. Personally, as I have said many times--this excuse for a government run by a dictator wannabe comes a calling to my home, someone will go to hell before I go to heaven.Sorry for hijack.
    darbo and kwag71 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    47k in Maryland? I seriously doubt that one. 35k in Cali seems unlikely, as well.

have a friend i work with who grew up in northern california and he said it is actually pretty gun friendly up there. and we are talking north of san fran. lot of farms and country up there. its the southern california that is so communist!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    We can have all the letters and replies we want and many will inform many of our forum members but the bottom line is that the Brady shmoes and the Feinstein ugly female dogs (if you get my true word) do not give a rat's behind about what you think or what I think. The threads are interesting but they only preach to the choir and no one else. Just look at the last election--a narcissistic incompetent moslem fascist chicage thug who is trying to sink this country into third worldism and still got reelected tells you what will be left of this country come 2016. If we are lucky we can elect a real American and maybe salvage something--if not---it is probably over for the America we on this forum love and respect. Then and only then will subjects like how many firerms you have or how many CCers are out there will have some reason for being. Personally, as I have said many times--this excuse for a government run by a dictator wannabe comes a calling to my home, someone will go to hell before I go to heaven.Sorry for hijack.
    Kelcarry - tell us how you REALLY feel about this: don't hold back!

I doubt that this is the forum for this - the mods don't like discussions of religion or politics. But I'll bet you have a fair number of folks here who agree with at least the basics of your post.

I see only one problem with this 'number of permits per state' figure...
    Most of the people I know WITH permits, don't carry...having a permit is one thing, but using it is another figure...just a thought to consider.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of more permit holders, but it's misleading to think that it's ALL these people walking around 'armed'.OMOYMV
    Bark'n likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    WoW!!

Utah, per capita is huge.

Almost 1/2 a million.
    Michigan is almost 380,000
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Please note these only document the LEGAL conceal carry license/permits!
    sdprof likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Not enough.
    bandrich likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Navman and 68 Blackbird......

I added all the states up (rounding to thousands) and came up with approximately 7,848,000.

So, for simplicity sake, around 8 MILLION!

VIP Member
    Well let's see... There's me; so that's one.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links