printing concealed carry weapon

This is a discussion on printing concealed carry weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet I've really got more important things to worry about than that. In a non-open-carry state like Florida, you should at least ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: printing concealed carry weapon

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've really got more important things to worry about than that.
    In a non-open-carry state like Florida, you should at least be a little concerned. One man's "subtle printing" is another man's "fully exposed handgun."
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    FL law only states "concealed from ordinary view" and it is not illegal for your gun to be inadvertantly exposed while reaching, bending, wind, etc.), so I'm still not worried about that.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    FL law only states "concealed from ordinary view" and it is not illegal for your gun to be inadvertantly exposed while reaching, bending, wind, etc.), so I'm still not worried about that.
    I'm not referring to "worry" in the nail-biting, sleep-losing sense of the word. More like the "make sure 'concealed means concealed'" sense.

I saw a guy in Target yesterday with at least 3" of barrel and OWB holster visible beneath the elastic at the bottom of his jacket. I'm sure he thought he was "concealed."
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    The correct response to this is, "Who the hell are you and why did you grab my crotch?"

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Topsider View Post
    Legality aside, if your gun is printing, it's not really concealed, is it...?
    Do you think the average bystander would know what they are seeing?

Colostomy bag, insulin pump, Gerber multi tool......
    SIGguy229 likes this.

I pocket carry a Smith & Wesson M&P40c in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster, size 4. The gun prints quite a bit, but with the pocket holster it covers enough of the profile that it is difficult to recognize what it is. Unless you do some triangulation in your head between the 3 protrusions (tip of the slide/muzzle, rear of the slide/rear sights, and bottom of magazine) you would have a hard time knowing what is there. I've had several CCW and non-CCW gun owners looking at me engaged in conversation and not one has noticed, even while sitting at a desk (with the most "printing" observable).

I am not saying that it won't ever be an issue, so far it hasn't been and I don't think anyone has noticed or had question in their minds, no one has said anything.

Edit - I tried to take a picture of the "printing" but no matter what angle I shoot I can't get the camera to pick it up. Must not be much of an issue for me today .

Don't worry about the printing. Try it for a while in places that don't matter - restaurants, stores, etc - before you move in to people you know, if you are that worried about it. I'm not - everyone I work with has guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Topsider View Post
    My biggest concern with printing is that some overly-imaginative sheep will see a telltale bump and ask (loudly, and probably in a crowded room), "OMG, are you carrying a GUN...?!?"

Nonetheless, I have my answer prepared: "No, of course not. I'm just happy to see you."
    "No...it's a colostomy bag....thank you for asking. Anything personal you want to share?"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Re: printing concealed carry weapon

This whole idea of printing is absolutely absurd and overblown.

If you pocket carry you're printing, holster or no, but nobody KNOWS what it is. It's just an outline - no trigger, no barrel, not even a specific definitive shape, just a bulge... like cellphone and keys. People can surmise and speculate all they want, but reality is, nobody is paying attention to you, especially not your stupid pocket or waistline. You're not important, your life and what you're doing and are about is meaningless to everyone else. We all have our own busy lives. Stop being frantic over nothing. Stop giving yourselves more credit for value than you deserve. And just go about your day with your gun, minding your own business like everyone else is, proud and confident to be able to protect yourself.

I do declare, people are always so consumed with the worthless. We over think the useless and neglect the important. Truly a frivolous and trivial world and life we've made this.

And another thing... Lol rant over!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    OldVet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.N View Post
    Does anyone know if its legal or not to print your concealed carry in arkansas, tho i would try my best not to?
    http://www.asp.arkansas.gov/division...e%20010109.pdf

(h) "Concealed" means to cover from observation so as to prevent public view;

Being an Arkansas resident, I asked that same question. Answer? Concealed, is concealed, is concealed. Thus I figured out if I'm printing, then I'm not concealed. Hope this helps your decisions.
    Topsider likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links