printing concealed carry weapon

This is a discussion on printing concealed carry weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if its legal or not to print your concealed carry in arkansas, tho i would try my best not to?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: printing concealed carry weapon

Does anyone know if its legal or not to print your concealed carry in arkansas, tho i would try my best not to?

Im not sure but I wear clothes that don't print probably a good idea not to
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Check the state's statutes on concealed carrying. It should say something such as FL: ...concealed from "ordinary" view. No prohibition against printing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GH
    I think a general assumption can be implied that if open carry is allowed in your state then printing is legal. With people wearing cell phones & multi-tools on their belt chances are it won't be recognized as a firearm unless the complete outline is showing.
    rugergunner and SIGguy229 like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    Since AR is not an OC state, it will depend on how your CC laws are written. Normally though "printing" is not illegal, as long as the gun is not visible.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Legality aside, if your gun is printing, it's not really concealed, is it...?
    WC145 likes this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

To much emphasis is on "printing" IMHO. In today's world of cell phones/electronics, and all the "stuff" that is put on a belt a simple cover garment generally is sufficient. Very seldom is something printing that is unquestionably a gun. 99.9% of the time, paranoia about your gun printing is far worse than the printing itself. Additionally the sheep out there have no clue how to spot a concealed weapon, and there is more of a danger of a "man with a gun" getting called on someone trying to stuff a sub-sandwich down their pants than a concealed handgun with a simple cover garment.

People have talked about the Hawaiian shirts that break up the printing pattern, etc. I just wear my everyday shirts that cover it up and go about my business. I don't every worry about printing, just coverage.
    BurgerBoy, eipo and Ghost1958 like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

cwb
    I Checked Handgunlaw.us for WA state and didn't see anything on printing. The clothes I wear wont be too much of a problem, but I still want to find out the exact call on the law.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    The subforum Handgunlaw.us will reveal all.

Jim

My biggest concern with printing is that some overly-imaginative sheep will see a telltale bump and ask (loudly, and probably in a crowded room), "OMG, are you carrying a GUN...?!?"

Nonetheless, I have my answer prepared: "No, of course not. I'm just happy to see you."
    rugergunner and nontechguy like this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

M.A.N. (The OP) Can I strongly suggest that you research the laws for yourself, or seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert in AR law (Such as a lawyer?). To start your search I would go back to the information the state police provides regarding concealed carry (found here) Or go to the actual law website found HERE

The law is in Title 5, Chapter 73, sub-chapter 3

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.N View Post
    Does anyone know if its legal or not to print your concealed carry in arkansas, tho i would try my best not to?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwb View Post
    I Checked Handgunlaw.us for WA state and didn't see anything on printing. The clothes I wear wont be too much of a problem, but I still want to find out the exact call on the law.
    Looks like we have two different new members looking for the same info for different states?

Research on WA state laws can be started HERE

VIP Member
    I looked there but couldn't find any mention of what constitutes concealed or any reference to printing. Maybe someone else will have better luck.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsider View Post
    My biggest concern with printing is that some overly-imaginative sheep will see a telltale bump and ask (loudly, and probably in a crowded room), "OMG, are you carrying a GUN...?!?"

Nonetheless, I have my answer prepared: "No, of course not. I'm just happy to see you."
    Yup, I could see some fool doing this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

VIP Member
    I've really got more important things to worry about than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links