AIWB / Holster help

AIWB / Holster help

This is a discussion on AIWB / Holster help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been carrying a Gen 4 Glock 19 in a CompTac MTAC holster @ the 4/5 o'clock position for the past 6 months. I've ...

Thread: AIWB / Holster help

AIWB / Holster help

So I've been carrying a Gen 4 Glock 19 in a CompTac MTAC holster @ the 4/5 o'clock position for the past 6 months. I've tried to adjust and get comfortable but it just is not happening. The G19 is simply to heavy and too thick, also I don't think the 4/5 o'clock carry is for me. It's extremely uncomfortable driving and any other time you have to sit, especially say at a bar stool I become paranoid about my firearm being exposed and I find myself constantly checking to ensure my clothes are covering.

So the weight and size of the G19 have brought me to buying a PPS. I will be purchasing it tomorrow. Also, I am going to be in need of a new holster, and I think that AIWB should be given a try. Will this be a better position for driving and sitting? Also I will no longer have to second guess whether or not my weapon is exposed.

Holsters, I am looking for extreme comfort and extreme concelmeant. After a quick preliminary search I read a lot of positives reviews about the Fist #1ak holster. I looked into it and I'm not sure this is the route I want to go, the website and the whole ordering process seem suspect. I also stumbled upon a lot of negatives customer service stories with the company.

I then stumbled across High Noon Holsters, wow these look great. Does anybody have any suggestions in regards to choosing between the various models? Do I want high ride or low ride? Etc...
    Is AIWB going to work better then behind the hip for me?

Thanks

I have found High Noon holster to be of a high quality leather.
    How you want it to fit is a personal decision. I prefer a high and tight fit with a body guard (extra leather that keeps the gun from touching the body).
    I have found this one to be an effective fit for me...http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...ide_guard.html
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

AIWB / Holster help

You might find that glock 19 is more comfortable AIWB as well.

I use a Dale Fricke Archangel for my glock 17 and love it. Not sure if he makes one for the PPS or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

An inexpensive holster that makes a great AIWB holster is surprisingly the DeSantis "Pocket-Tuk". As a pocket holster it is only so-so, but it works really well AIWB. The cant and height are adjustable, it stays open for re-holstering, and is very comfortable and concealable. The clip holds it on your belt really well (actually almost too well; it can be hard to remove). I got mine for less than $20.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

It depends on what you like. I have a Ruger SR9c and LC9 that ride in two Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim aiwb holsters. Can't say enough good about them.

Silent Thunder Holsters - Concealed Carry (IWB and OWB) - Garrett Industries, LLC

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contented View Post
    It depends on what you like. I have a Ruger SR9c and LC9 that ride in two Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim aiwb holsters. Can't say enough good about them.

Silent Thunder Holsters - Concealed Carry (IWB and OWB) - Garrett Industries, LLC
    +1 Totally agree, love my silent thunder. Only like my mr. softy high noon slightly more. The mr. softy is most concealable and comfortable but the silent thunder clips are AWESOME (totally dissapear on a black belt) and its a tuckable AIWB holster.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

With an AIWB you can't really ride all that high or it won't hold. Have you looked at the Crossbreed QuickClip? A very comfortable IWB holster that can be adjusted to wear appendix if you desire.

Links