HOW do you RESPOND?

This is a discussion on HOW do you RESPOND? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by guardmt Its were I store my tots, and no...you cant have any... I like tots... Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: HOW do you RESPOND?

Re: HOW do you RESPOND?

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Its were I store my tots, and no...you cant have any...
    I like tots...

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

2. Remove Ads

I wear a IWB holster daily for sometimes as long as 12 hours at a time. I do understand what your concern is and I have never have anyone to ask me BUT my first IWB holster was a Crossbreed and the embellished belt clips to me were very noticeable, they did stand out, especially when the light caught them just right. Three years ago I purchased a Galco King Tuk and to me it’s just as comfortable but with much less noticeable belt clips. I have a friend who actually paints his clips to match his belts!

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Aww, my favorite two are already taken.

Step 1. Look offended.
    Step 2. Say very loudly "IT'S MY INSULIN PUMP (or colostomy bag)."
    Hakkaa päälle!

Why do y'all suppose these questions are always asked by folks who haven't started carrying a concealed handgun yet? Do your co-workers ask about the color of your shoelaces or the brand of aftershave you're wearing? My suggestion? Follow the legal requirements of concealed carry in a well-designed IWB holster for 6 months or so. When nobody looks, notices or says the first mumbling word about it, then relax. The truth is that you've very-likely been in close proximity to MANY FOLKS carrying a handgun & you've never noticed a thing. What makes you now think everyone ELSE is suddenly gonna' be so sharp & attentive?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I think you'll really be surprised at what people DON'T notice. However, I understand the desire to be discrete (concealed means concealed, right?). Depending on your situation, I'd suggest an IWB holster with velcro clips or a belly band for absolute discretion. Most IWB holsters I've seen have clips that can be swapped out.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

For GOD Sake,

Out of kindness to your question, MAKE SURE THAT IT IS NOT OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE CARRYING.

I don't care how close a family member, a friend or anyone for that matter is to me. I NEVER MAKE IT REVEALING OR KNOWN THAT I AM CARRYING. The whole purpose to conceal is to protect YOU and those around you..

"That's sort of personal, isn't it? Do you think the Browns are ever going to hire a coach?"

Rebuff, redirect, and move on. Nobody will press the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Here is a simple test that has been posted before, notice anything unusual?

selective attention test - YouTube
    I guess I did alright. I lost track when the "distraction" came out. I don't want to spoil it either.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    What msgt/ret said.

I also have had no comments. And the Crossbreed clips are a bit more eyecatching than others. They do tend to get covered a bit by the shirt being bloused out a bit, so they're shadowed.

If ever asked, and I couldn't just avoid the question, I might say, "They hold up a life support device." That, or my colostomy bag!
    I'll have to keep that in mind! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Here is a simple test that has been posted before, notice anything unusual?

selective attention test - YouTube
    The commentary on the video is wrong, it is 28 times and was quite difficult to keep up with (I had to run it a second time to double check),
    the lighter haired female and the gentleman in black pants and black tee-shirt were wearing white shoes.
    But yes I noticed the gorilla it was part of what threw me off.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I had a woman barber ask what the black clips were for when I removed my jacket and, I politely told her that they helped hold my jock strap up and in place. She never said another word the rest of the time I was in the chair.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    But what if she called your bluff?
    I'd require dinner first!

I'd rather just keep everything concealed.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

If you're about to start carrying, the question you will really want answered is, how is it possible that no one notices this lump the size of a bowling ball tucked under my pants that's so heavy it's just about causing me to walk with a limp? Pretty soon you'll realize that you probably could stuff a bowling ball down your pants and hardly anyone would notice.

My advice to you is, start carrying your holster now. Just carrying it empty will help you get used to having something there, and get you started on the path of figuring out the proper placement. No law against carrying an empty holster that is concealed. Once you get your card in hand and get to stick a pistol in your holster, the clips will be the last thing on your mind until you get used to your new companion.

Distinguished Member

easy fix

If you wear a good belt, wear the clips on your pants behind your belt. It works fine and the holster clips are almost invisable. I have not yet had anyone notice my CBST clips, and I usually wear them on my belt. I also wear an untucked shirt or long sweat shirt. I was even patted down once prior to entering a concert. I had disarmed, but still wore my mag pouch. The security never mentioned it. Don't give yourself away by revealing "tells".
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links