Gun ownership as a civic virtue

This is a discussion on Gun ownership as a civic virtue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gun Ownership As Civic Virtue | Politics A pastor I highly respect posts a blog entry in which he submits that gun ownership is a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paymeister

Thread: Gun ownership as a civic virtue

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Gun ownership as a civic virtue

Gun Ownership As Civic Virtue | Politics

A pastor I highly respect posts a blog entry in which he submits that gun ownership is a civic virtue: he's right on the money, so far as I'm concerned.

If you don't read the article, at least check out his closing paragraph. I think you'll like it, though his last descriptive word is pretty offensive:

Some might lament the lack of faith I am displaying in our elected officials. Doesn't our civilization depend on us learning how to centralize all the firepower? Someone might ask, don't you trust them? No, I don't -- in countless and very creative ways, they have shown themselves to be incapable of decent governance. Trust them with my guns? After what they have done with everything else? They are, taking one thing with another, poltroons, miscreants, malefactors, mountebanks, skunks, recreants, offenders, rascals, scamps, felons, evil-doers, and congressmen. I don't think I need to develop this any further.
    Brass63 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

They are, taking one thing with another, poltroons, miscreants, malefactors, mountebanks, skunks, recreants, offenders, rascals, scamps, felons, evil-doers, and congressmen. I don't think I need to develop this any further.
    Think you could get him to tell us how he really feels? He's really nailed a good description of congresscritters.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Can't argue with his thoughts.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    All free men and women are gun owners.

Thanks for the post and link.
    I have issues with some of Pastor Wilson's teachings (e.g. theonomy) ...but on this matter, he hit a grand slam.
    He's a very gifted writer.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

I don't know much about him but he is right on!

Links