Ankle Carry vs. Front Pocket Carry & Which Gun??? - Page 4

Ankle Carry vs. Front Pocket Carry & Which Gun???

This is a discussion on Ankle Carry vs. Front Pocket Carry & Which Gun??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I considered an ankle holster for a BUG when I was working armed security but quickly discarded the idea. As an experiment I placed my ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ankle Carry vs. Front Pocket Carry & Which Gun???

GH
    I considered an ankle holster for a BUG when I was working armed security but quickly discarded the idea. As an experiment I placed my cell phone in its carrier on my ankle. It was about the same size as small semi-auto. The phone would ring & I had a hard time getting to it & sometimes it would go to voice mail before it was accessed. The only time I didn't have a problem was while seated. I gave up the idea completely.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Wondering and others-

Thanks so much for all the feedback. Wondering, I love the PPS. I am still looking for one at a LGS, soo hard to find around here. Would be more of a IWB carry for me, not large enough to ankle or pocket carry the PPS.

I have decided on a BUG in my front pocket. As for the gun, still looking. I like the Ruger LCP but don't necessarily want to add another caliber to my collection. I know it's not a gun I'd be putting 1k rounds a month at the range but still, more calibers isn't something I want to do.

SOO... on the list for a BUG, front pocket or ankle when dress demands it...
    Ruger LCR .357, Ruger LCP, S&W 442 .38+p, or really any 5 shot S&W .357/.38+p
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links