Gun Show Protest Seem to be on the Rise - Page 2

Gun Show Protest Seem to be on the Rise

This is a discussion on Gun Show Protest Seem to be on the Rise within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife took her lunch to work in my bright yellow LGS bag. When she realized it, she turned the bag inside out. Said she ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Gun Show Protest Seem to be on the Rise

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My wife took her lunch to work in my bright yellow LGS bag. When she realized it, she turned the bag inside out. Said she didn't want anyone knowing I had guns.

The wife . . . always looking out for me. (High School sweetheart and wife of 40 years!)
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

A coworker went to the WS gun show (the one in the op link) and said that he didn't see any protesters.
    I keep reading about NY canceling shows, but then I don't give a rat's hat about NY.

People can and should have the right to peaceful protest, even though we (gun owners) disagree with it. Excercising your 1st ammendment right is essential as well as the 2nd ammendment. We should be able to speak out freely without fear.

Let them protest. Just like the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters though, what do they hope to accomplish? I doubt if it even made one bit of difference to people going to Gun Shows, I know I would not have given them a second glance if indeed I gave them one at all. It would have the same connotation for those going to Car Shows and people protesting the large number of accidents caused by automobiles.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I think some of the protestors just do it as a hobby. Some of the occupiers did not even know what there were protesting. They most certainly don't know the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Looks like 20-25 people tops were protesting. I wonder how many attended the gun show to purchase or look around?
    And the 4th Estate fails to make that analysis......
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    According to Firearm Use by Offenders, Bureau of Justice Statistics, February 2002, only 0.7% of convicts bought their firearms at gun shows.
    Do not confuse liberals with facts; you know how they hate that.

VIP Member
    We've got a C&E gun show here in Richmond this coming weekend, be interesting to see if we have any protestors. Of course the property the gun show is held on is a good distance from the road, so any protestors will not be near the show itself.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    At a gun show in Roanoke VA this past weekend there was a protester standing outside holding a sign that read, I'm a shrink and my services are free to anyone buying an assault weapon because your crazy.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

There was over 8k people at the Orlando gun show this past weekend and i didnt see any protestors. I don't think anyone had the balls and there wasn't really anywhere for them to stand cause the whole place was covered with people trying to get in or coming out!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I too was at the Orlando Gun Show this past weekend,the 8,000 count was for Saturday only,more were there Sunday. No protesters {Wouldn`t be pretty if there were},long lines everywhere and people buying guns AND ammo bigtime. No Flashmobs either. Good Show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links