WI Conceal Carry Laws?

This is a discussion on WI Conceal Carry Laws? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can someone please explain or give me a link to a site that specifically states where I can an cannot carry in WI? I am ...

Thread: WI Conceal Carry Laws?

WI Conceal Carry Laws?

Can someone please explain or give me a link to a site that specifically states where I can an cannot carry in WI? I am a Minnesota Permit holder and WI has reciprocity with MN. Also one specific question I have is, in WI, when I am carrying do I have to keep it concealed or can I open carry as well? I just dont want to get into trouble for accidentally open carrying, like for example, in case my shirt rides up and exposes the pistol? Thank you I appreciate any comments?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

To add to the post above mine, OC is legal in WI without needing a permit.

This should give you most of all you need to know about CC-ing in Wisconsin. I wouldn't worry about a "wardrobe malfunction," since open carry is also legal (but follows the same prohibited location laws as CC). http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf (Page 40 for the prohibited locations)
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

More info

I'm glad to see that our Wisconsin members are jumping right in to help with links.

I'll add another that the OP may not be aware of which is a good source of information on reciprocity and other state laws.

Handgunlaw.us

Click on your state to see what states honour your permist and click on another state to get information on need to inform, restricted areas etc.

GH
    You'll be just fine if you print or open carry. Now you'll have to read some of those links provided above to find out prohibited carry places.

Welcome to Wisconsin.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Just for future reference when MN permit holders search this thread: As of 1/2013, the major legal difference in prohibited places between Minnesota and Wisconsin are taverns. You may not under any circumstance open carry in a place that serves alcohol in Wisconsin.
    "I dont like repeat offenders...I like DEAD offenders."-Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Eagle View Post
    Just for future reference when MN permit holders search this thread: As of 1/2013, the major legal difference in prohibited places between Minnesota and Wisconsin are taverns. You may not under any circumstance open carry in a place that serves alcohol in Wisconsin.
    Good point! Although you can conceal carry with permit in a tavern ONLY if you are not drinking (and provided there is no "gun buster" sign).
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Eagle View Post
    You can open carry in a Class B establishment if you are an authorized owner/manager/employee, or if the owner or manager authorizes you to carry for a specific event of a limited duration, per 941.237 (d) and (f).

Thank you all. I will have some reading to do this morning before I head out to WI. I appreciate all the info!

Links