Car Carry... - Page 2

Car Carry...

This is a discussion on Car Carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Serpa on rotary mount under the dash..............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Car Carry...

VIP Member
    Serpa on rotary mount under the dash...........
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    I was actually just researching that product for that exact usage. Thank you for posting these pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by akav8er View Post
    I holster my weapon the minute my pants go on and it stays holstered until they come off at night. I don't have any problems with wearing it in the car, even belted. If I get the sense that something doesn't look right or a threat presents itself, I'll pop my seatbelt off so I have instant access.

As for work policy, my name is on the door so I get to set the corporate firearm policy. :)
    Can I come and work for you? Seriously though I always have it on my person even in the car unless I have to go into a place that does not allow it. I try not to though
    akav8er likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    You said you could not carry your weapon at work but can you carry an IWB holster (without the gun) at work?
    No when headed to work the gun is in the holster and on the seat..but when I leave work I need to put it on. And I could carry the sticky holster at work it's very thin but I lock every thing in the car. My main question was in reference to going any where and your gin is on your hip. Do you it off or do your have a second weapon that's accessible in the car. If it is of your body then you have to figure out a way to holster it when getting out.

When I get in my car I will leave my guns either in it's pocket or paddle holster on the passenger seat. In PA this is legal, and allows me access to the weapon if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    This is what I need to do. EDC is very comfortable on me and I don't have to remove it to drive but I would like to have another EDC readily available while driving here in Atlanta. You never know these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I take it you never go to the Post Office or a School or Court House.
    Correct. I avoid the post office like the plague. I can print postage from my desk (everything will fit into a priority mail envelope or box) and for stuff that doesn't, there's FEDEX. Our kids are 27 & 32 and our grand babies live in on other state so I have no need to be in school and I can't remember the last time I was in a courthouse.

On the occasion I might have to go into a restricted building I fully comply with the law and lock it in a gun safe in my truck console, but those instances are incredibly, incredibly rare.

I leave my gun holstered on my hip. If I have to leave it my car it's locked up. The biggest issue with that is reholstering discretely. Sometimes you gotta get a little creative. I may park further away from everyone else. So no one can see what I'm doing. Sometimes I may have to go somewhere else to reholster. Think gas station bathroom maybe. This will require something to carry the gun in. Just don't make it a bag with a gun logo on it.

Sometimes you need to change your holster. It's much quicker, safer and much more discrete to put your gun and holster on if you are using a paddle holster than to have to get everything set with a sticky holster.

There is no magic answer that will work for everyone. You have to figure out your stuff yourself. You are the one that has to determine your priorities. Try all kinds of ideas. You might even want to try off body and use a Safepacker or a fanny pack.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Recently saw a video showing these car mounted holsters.

Texas Custom Holsters
    By almost any inexpensive kyndex or polymer (of some sort) belt or paddle holster and you are only a few minutes with some tools and a heat gun from having a car holster. If you do it yourself you can custom fit it to the mounting location of your choice.

Paying eighty bux for one doesn't make any sense if you are handy at all.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I hope you guys don't leve your guns in the holsters unsecured in your vehicle?I have one of these and unless the thief is carrying a pair of cable cutters will keep your gun secured.For only about $30 shipped it's a good deal

In Car Gun Lockers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Secure drawer bolted under the seat (no cable to cut, takes a key or cutting torch to get to the gun) when I can't carry it with me. Center Console while driving.

Jeff

i am so doing that with my Surburban... the caddy not so much i hate that car sometimes...

One in the car always. One on my person most of the time.

I plan to investigate a car safe as they look like a good way to secure small valuables of any type that you may have to leave in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I hope you guys don't leve your guns in the holsters unsecured in your vehicle?I have one of these and unless the thief is carrying a pair of cable cutters will keep your gun secured.For only about $30 shipped it's a good dealIn Car Gun Lockers
    I just bought 2 of the "Nano 300" car safes (1 for each car) on eBay for $50+. I bought the 300 because it has a 3 digit combo and doesn't require a key. I don't carry any keys so these are great!

To Discretely holster the weapon again is what I was referring to. That's why I asked if others just carried a second gun strictly for the car that easy not worried about having to get to the one that's holstered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links