Car Carry...

Car Carry...

This is a discussion on Car Carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do you carry in the car? I know different states have different rules but what I'm referring to is, when you CC. When I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Car Carry...

Car Carry...

How do you carry in the car? I know different states have different rules but what I'm referring to is, when you CC. When I walk out the house it's on my body IWB. Do you remove your gun from the holster while you drive and place it in another holster? Do you have a second weapon that's for your vehicle and keep your EDC on you? What if something happens while it's in it's holster. Would you have time to take of seat belt and get to your weapon?

I can't carry at work so it's in it's holster and on the seat beside me. But after work while running errands I have to find some where to place the gun back on before exiting the vehicle. I'm just curious on some of others approach.

P.S. I use a sticky holster

carry with cellpal. comfortable to drive with, + 1 between seats

Quote Originally Posted by DubH00 View Post
    How do you carry in the car? I know different states have different rules but what I'm referring to is, when you CC. When I walk out the house it's on my body IWB. Do you remove your gun from the holster while you drive and place it in another holster? Do you have a second weapon that's for your vehicle and keep your EDC on you? What if something happens while it's in it's holster. Would you have time to take of seat belt and get to your weapon?

I can't carry at work so it's in it's holster and on the seat beside me. But after work while running errands I have to find some where to place the gun back on before exiting the vehicle. I'm just curious on some of others approach.

P.S. I use a sticky holster
    To answer your bolded question, I always carry a "spare" Remora holster in my purse. Of course, I could simply purse carry, but not so easy for you? I have been known to "stealth" conceal my weapon in a McDonald's bag on my front seat (matches the rest of the decor ). As far as "re-arming" yourself, perhaps you could carry in a briefcase or backpack (or manpurse?) and re-holster in a restroom at one of your errand places.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    To answer your bolded question, I always carry a "spare" Remora holster in my purse. Of course, I could simply purse carry, but not so easy for you? I have been known to "stealth" conceal my weapon in a McDonald's bag on my front seat (matches the rest of the decor ). As far as "re-arming" yourself, perhaps you could carry in a briefcase or backpack (or manpurse?) and re-holster in a restroom at one of your errand places.
    Sound advice except the MAN PURSE...lol..
    MamaMaria likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I can keep my pistol in its holster on me all the time now. When I formerly left it in the car when at work, I kept a black hand towel in the car (black seat covers) to cover the pistol while transferring between holster and vehicle.

Sound advice except the MAN PURSE...lol..
    My husband has one of these, HE calls it his manpurse, lol!
    maxpedition-jumbo-versapack2.jpg

(There's supposed to be a picture of a Maxpedition bag here. My computer's being fussy tonight.)
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

You said you could not carry your weapon at work but can you carry an IWB holster (without the gun) at work?
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

I leave my CC on my person and have a G22 mounted in a serpa holster under the steering column.
    DubH00 likes this.

How do you carry in the car? .... Do you remove your gun from the holster while you drive and place it in another holster? Do you have a second weapon that's for your vehicle and keep your EDC on you? What if something happens while it's in it's holster. Would you have time to take of seat belt and get to your weapon?
    I holster my weapon the minute my pants go on and it stays holstered until they come off at night. I don't have any problems with wearing it in the car, even belted. If I get the sense that something doesn't look right or a threat presents itself, I'll pop my seatbelt off so I have instant access.

As for work policy, my name is on the door so I get to set the corporate firearm policy. :)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    My Remora stays in place when I want it to as I go about my day and in the car it can be moved so cant affords comfort when sitting in car. When I am ready to leave car I readjust and am ready for walking around. It is a personal thing to some extent with a Remora but for me "I get my cake and eat it to"--I am CC in my car here in SC and that is the only way I can have quick access to my firearm, which, if you are not CC, must be placed in glove compartment, console or trunk and cannot just be "sitting there" under your seat or newspaper etal.

I always carry either IWB or OWB at 3 oclock and never remove it. If I have to go into a gov building then I put it in my gunsafe under the seat.

Recently saw a video showing these car mounted holsters.

Texas Custom Holsters
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    If Tend to wear a shoulder rig if I plan on being in the car a lot, but I keep a Gum Creek holster under the steering column for most occasions.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by akav8er View Post
    I holster my weapon the minute my pants go on and it stays holstered until they come off at night. I don't have any problems with wearing it in the car, even belted. If I get the sense that something doesn't look right or a threat presents itself, I'll pop my seatbelt off so I have instant access.

As for work policy, my name is on the door so I get to set the corporate firearm policy. :)
    I take it you never go to the Post Office or a School or Court House.

Thankfully open carry is also 100% legal in Ky (without a CCW) so I can just lay it on the seat , or put in glove box or console etc. depending on need, or IF I'm leaving the vehicle .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links