As spoken about on Hardball Jan 7th..Biden Gun Task Force

This is a discussion on As spoken about on Hardball Jan 7th..Biden Gun Task Force within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Apparently the Biden group is leaking plans for a "package" approach to gun control rather than just one or two fixes....These include but are not ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By PowerfulMagic
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret
  • 1 Post By dben002
  • 1 Post By PeterCartwright
  • 2 Post By Fitch

Thread: As spoken about on Hardball Jan 7th..Biden Gun Task Force

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

As spoken about on Hardball Jan 7th..Biden Gun Task Force

Apparently the Biden group is leaking plans for a "package" approach to gun control rather than just one or two fixes....These include but are not limited to the following:

Measures the Biden group is working on:

-Assault Weapons Ban
    -Magazine Capacity Limits
    -Universal Background Checks for All Firearm Sales with up to a 30 day waiting period for background checks to be totally completed.
    -Track Firearm Movements through a National Database
    -Strengthen Mental Health Checks
    -Stiffen Penalties for Carrying Near Schools or Giving Guns to Minors
    -Gathering Support from Retailers (Wal-Mart mentioned by name)

The group is also weighing actions which could circumvent the legislature:

-Federal-level Mental Health Programs
    -'Mordernization' of BATF Gun-Tracking Procedures

These may be shots across the bow to gauge reaction.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

It is up to us to make these pernicious fools fail on every count.
    The Old Anglo and jrclen like this.

Biden is an idiot but a useful one at that. He is just a tool of the "Progressives."

This isn't the first time a Progressive/Liberal leaning administration has attempted a total ban on guns. They try it each and every time they get into office, remember Clinton's ban on Assault Rifles?

However there are just way too many pro gun, pro 2A folks out there who will no doubt be talking to their pro gun, pro 2A legislators telling them that they need to counter this. That is what we can and should hope for.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "-Track Firearm Movements through a National Database"

I'm sure Eric Holden is especially interested in how they'll do this...
    niks, jrclen and The Old Anglo like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "-Track Firearm Movements through a National Database"

I'm sure Eric Holden is especially interested in how they'll do this...

Let's see, he"ll need at least another 1,000 agents (hand picked to support his agenda) and $250 m budget increase for personnel and equipment. All of it to be funded by the taxpayers. After all, we should be glad to do it, because it's "for the children".
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Yup.........the Freak Show is going to tell us......Hmmmm.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The bottom line: just smoke and mirrors, just the initial phase of their agenda to ban all guns. The main point of their discussion is "Weighing actions to circumvent the legislature" if they pull this off the present administration will take our right to own any firearm either through a AWB or with increased taxes on guns, gun associated items and by requiring a proven need for a weapon. Isn't it odd that the task force wants to stiffen penalties around schools, this would only effect the law abiding citizens and would mean nothing to the criminals. Why not do as they do in the airports, courthouses, most federal buildings or like Palm Beach County Florida has done since 1975, assign police officers within the schools and restrict entry by means of a police officer and mechanical means(gates etc.) The Palm Beach County system has proven to be very effective with no incidents of guns within the schools but have confiscated several handguns/knives from students prior to gaining entry to the school grounds and building.

Based on the possible new restrictions I see nothing, IMO, that would be anymore effective then our present laws other then a AWB. Bad guys don't buy guns at the local Wal Mart or the LGS. What good does it do to have the ability to track a gun, after it has been used in a crime? Most guns confiscated at the crime scenes were stolen and have been altered, serial numbers removed, which is presently a violation of federal law.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a very poor court and judge system. Florida has the 10- 20-Life law, ref. Florida Statute 775.087, for using a gun in a crime but is seldom followed by the court system and a lesser sentence is given in most cases.

Sorry for the rant but I see nothing to gain by approving additional laws that continue to chip away at our right to bear arms.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Chuck..."We don't have a gun problem, we have a very poor court and judge system."

How very true and one of the biggest parts of the problem......Sorry to know the Fla law not being enforced. Here in NC armed robbery with guns carry a 7 year mandatory sentence. That law seems to be enforced as much as I can tell....So lots of other weapons being used in those instances......

Your point is so well taken.....a lot of problems facing our nation today is due to the fact we don't enforce the current laws we have..

Don't know if we have any Judges here or DA's, but yes I'm talking to you.......................................
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Huh............ NJ has way too much authority directed towards it's citizenry......think I'm wrong.....try to own a sling shot or rubber band gun here.....total insanity.....IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Biden is an idiot but a useful one at that. He is just a tool of the "Progressives."

This isn't the first time a Progressive/Liberal leaning administration has attempted a total ban on guns. They try it each and every time they get into office, remember Clinton's ban on Assault Rifles?

However there are just way too many pro gun, pro 2A folks out there who will no doubt be talking to their pro gun, pro 2A legislators telling them that they need to counter this. That is what we can and should hope for.
    I sincerely hope you're correct, but I'm COMPLETELY unwilling to rely on that. This administration is highly skilled in both propaganda and organizing. If you think the push back against the Second Amendment was a spontaneous, unplanned action, I suggest you're vastly underestimating this administration. Remember that most of the political left in our country, certainly including the academics in most law schools, believe the Second Amendment offers nothing more than a legal argument for the National Guard. That's why there was so much howling after the the Heller ruling. These folks have been chafing throughout the success of the "shall issue" state laws. Now they think they have enough emotive material to make their push. This isn't likely to be an easy fight. We CAN win, however, if we stick together. It's going to take wisdom, time, money and considerable effort. And it's worth it!

PC
    jrclen likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    They are going with an extreme opening offer trying to get people to compromise down to a 'reasonable" assault weapon and large capacity magazine ban and allow them to feel like they have won by doing that. The right answer is no new gun laws. Period.

They are going to make a try for national gun registration but I don't see that passing the house. We all go thorugh the FBI background check to buy a handgun now. No new law needed there either.

Fitch
    FLMOPE and Aceoky like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I doubt they'll be able to pass "anything with real teeth" thorough Congress particularly the House; remember last time the Democrats lost 20 seats over the AWB and I'm betting control of the Senate and re-election means more to most than passing a silly AWB.

Censored statistics on guns vs. violence: What the media doesn't want you to see - YouTube
    You may have already seen this, but it is a great response to gun violence statistics. The truth the media doesn't want the public to know.

Links