New to cc...few questions

This is a discussion on New to cc...few questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1. Will I need a permit/license to carry each one of my firearms? Scenario would be if I want to carry my glock on a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to cc...few questions

1. Will I need a permit/license to carry each one of my firearms? Scenario would be if I want to carry my glock on a certain day and a kimber on another day would I need a separate license for each firearm? NO. The permit is not tied to any particular gun in the state of Mississippi.

2. In Mississippi firearms do not need to be registered. My question is that if I do get my permit/license will my glock automatically be registered? NO. It is against state law to register guns in Mississippi.
    3. What's the best holster to use for my glock 19 year round? I would start looking at some in the waist band (IWB) holsters. check out the holster link on this site.

4. Do you all think that a gun ban will have effect on handguns? Especially those that can carry more than 10 rounds in the magazine. Maybe. The last ban restricted magizine over ten rounds to law enforcement and military and all new magizines over ten rounds were stamped law enforcement/military, but any mags already manufactured were ok. Who knows what will happen. Based on the avialibity of mags over ten rounds I would guess there are a lot folks worried about a ban.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

thanks for the great info stevew. yea im looking for a iwb holster atm. would like something that i can carry at the 6:00 position and 3:00 position

Yes, New York lists your firearms on the permit. So does Nevada by the way.

Suprisingly, no one else has mentioned this so I will. Regarding #3, a good heavy gun belt is every bit as important as a good holster.
    If you would enslave a people, first you must disarm them.

~ Adolf Hitler
    ~ Mein Kampf

Quote Originally Posted by XD40inTX View Post
    Suprisingly, no one else has mentioned this so I will. Regarding #3, a good heavy gun belt is every bit as important as a good holster.
    Good point. I bought a really nice belt from an Amish group that is hands down the best quality I've ever had.

I'm a pretty big guy, but I carry a XDm 4.5" everyday in a Bianchi model 82 OWB. Love it. Comfortable and secure. Bought another for a Glock I use occasionally as a BUG if I need to carry something a little smaller.

It's really all about what works for you.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Read "The Gift of Fear" by Becker and "Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected" by Miller before you get your cc permit.

New York City only allows 2 weapons to be carried and they must be registered. Not the case in Mississippi.

When I go to purchase a firearm with my cc license it knocks of wait time considerably as I have been printed and my background had been previously searched.

Check out theholsterstore.com for good holsters at good prices.

After the SCOTUS Heller ruling (at this point at least) no AWB or mag ban will pass "legal muster" and since SCOTUS is not known to routinely reverse itself- I doubt that more appointments will likely change that. IMO it will be some other way (ammo taxes etc. ) Even mag bans will be hard to pass muster after Heller IMO once challenged as they are certainly in common use for defense.

I personally think Obama (seeing he doesn't even have the support of his own party leadership) will sign the UN small arms treaty and put UN troops on US soil against legal gun owners -at which point he's violated his oath and US law is out of the picture (again IMHO) color me "conspiracy theorist" if you want but I'd bet that is the new plan.

Clearly Fast & Furious was an attempt to show the US citizens that "gun ownership is bad" and that US weapons are being used outside of USA to commit serious crimes........it backfired so now they USE Sandy Hook- that didn't work out "as planned" either.....

This is not at all about "children", it is 100% about Controlling the "peons" (you and I) those not under armed guard 24/7....... IF you wish to enslave a population you must first disarm them- IF they have a way to credibly defend themselves and their loved ones they Will do so- it is no mystery not a "secret" it's human nature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links