NC Permit Turnaround Time

This is a discussion on NC Permit Turnaround Time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I applied for my CC permit on Friday, December 28th. I picked it up today (Jan. 8) in Granville County - ready in 10 days, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iguanadon

Thread: NC Permit Turnaround Time

NC Permit Turnaround Time

I applied for my CC permit on Friday, December 28th. I picked it up today (Jan. 8) in Granville County - ready in 10 days, 4 of which were holidays/weekend. I of course followed with a shopping trip through Wally World. I think even my wife was happy because I called to see if she needed anything. Of course they were out of ammo.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    CongraTts. That's pretty quick. Now figure out the few places you can actually CC.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    CongraTts. That's pretty quick. Now figure out the few places you can actually CC.
    I came up with an easy solution to that dilemma OldVet... Rather than reading and studying the myriad of off limit places that NC law has said I can't carry, I realized that if any business name, street address or building type has a vowel in it, I can't carry there. Problem solved.
    OldVet likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I would say that is pretty fast turnaround time congrats!
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

In New Hanover County way back when it took me 102 days to get mine. The Sherriff went 12 days past his cutoff.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Wake County is running 60-90 days. The state portion of the background which includes mental health check, etc. takes at least half of that. I don't see how you got yours that quickly but I'm glad you did. I just went today to apply for my renewal and that is still going to take 60-90 days and I'm a retired LEO who "knows" people in the licensing section of the sheriff's office.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    I'm in Granville and to get my renewal was.....yeah about 10 days, maybe less. It took me consierably longer to get a replacement title for my son's car. My original permit came from Durahm County and it was "90 days and we don't mean 89!". I like our Sheriff in Granville.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Links