Car safe ?s with a twist

This is a discussion on Car safe ?s with a twist within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a toyota tacoma and the seats give me the same issue. No clearance. Not sure of the size of your center console, but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Car safe ?s with a twist

I have a toyota tacoma and the seats give me the same issue. No clearance. Not sure of the size of your center console, but I use a gunvault, minivault i think. It has a teather cable that I wrapped around shotgun seats frame and it is long enough to then keep the gunvault in the center console. I like the set up better than under the seat as it does not come sliding out when I drive.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    You can velcro or drill a center of mass In Car Gun Lockers to your floorboard (and also cabled to the seat mount) or if you're comfortable... Deep Concealment Sun Visor Holster Overview | OEfmh_v4-bDwxALIas1oOyZeJS8

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    NV 300 | GunVault

I can fit a gov. size 1911 and spare mag. It goes with me on all trips. You can cable lock it to your seat frame, and a solid foundation at your destination. It isn't totally burglar proof, but it is solid and more portable than a Liberty safe.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Keep the car safe in your car. Put you gun in it while you are in your car and can't be seen, then put the safe in the trunk. lock it to something with a cable inside the trunk.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

This guy wanted something stronger than the typical 21ga box cabled to his seat frame since his gun is left in his car all day while at work. He didn't have a good location in the cabin either so he decided this was his best option. This is in a 2007 Mustang GT.

229154_10150991994961875_2023564706_n.jpg

386943_10150991994856875_975154369_n.jpg

Hardware used for the installation from McMaster-Carr

1 96242A735 12 Point Flange Head Cap Screw, Type 304 Stainless Steel,
    3/8"-16 Thread, 3/4" L
    2 90078A130 Spanner Tamper-Resistant Nut, Zinc-Alloy, 3/8"-16 Thread Size
    3 90313A329 18-8 Stainless Steel Large-Diameter Flat Washer, 3/8"
    Screw Size, 1" OD, .05"-.08" Thick
    Last edited by FAS1; January 11th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, this isn't just for the LCR otherwise I would just run a cable or padlock through the cylinder and lock it down.

I have a MicroVault (I think that's it. The top opening one) and I will see if that fits inside the center console. I have no idea why I haven't checked that yet. I have looked at some companies that make vehicle safes and all they make them for is large trucks and SUVs, which leaves out a great portion of the population.

I do like the idea of fastening a safe to the folding rear seat backs, I will have to check that out as well.

FAS1, thank you for the pics, but I am just not comfortable handling my gun in plain view like that. Not to mention at least one co-worker is nosy enough that he would see me in my trunk and come over to see what I'm doing.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links