Governor Cuomo Announcement tomorrow on New NY Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Governor Cuomo Announcement tomorrow on New NY Gun Laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/ny...pons.html?_r=0 Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, will outline his proposal in his State of the State address, but even before he speaks, he has incited anxiety ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Governor Cuomo Announcement tomorrow on New NY Gun Laws

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/ny...pons.html?_r=0

Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, will outline his proposal in his State of the State address, but even before he speaks, he has incited anxiety among gun owners by acknowledging in a radio interview that “confiscation could be an option” for assault weapons owned by New Yorkers.
    Oh yeah, this'll be good. Here we go folks.....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    If I were going to kill a bunch of random people them kill myself, more jail time would surely make me think twice....
    rigel42, jrclen and Aceoky like this.

I will move! No doub't about it! Retired in Florida, Bob.

By the way I have ever told anyone I refuse to set foot in New York or California?

You don't have to go to Sweden, the laws wouldn't be any better there anyway. It will take a few more lifetimes before they run the show in WY, MT & even SD & ND, other rural States too.

A few years ago I went prairie dogging on a ranch that was 17 miles down a gravel road in SD. I think the world could end & you would hardly know it back there. He also had a nice river go through the edge of the property.
    Cold Shot likes this.

The most worrisome part for those of us in New York is how they define "assault weapon." It could very well end up with semi-automatic pistols falling under this definition. This is a quote from SCOPE (Shooters Committee On Political Education): "This legislation would prohibit the possession of semi-automatic and pump action rifles, semi-automatic shotguns and semi-automatic pistols that have certain cosmetic characteristics that the sponsors deem would pose a threat to public health and safety" (emphasis added).

Quote Originally Posted by CarlInNY View Post
    The most worrisome part for those of us in New York is how they define "assault weapon." It could very well end up with semi-automatic pistols falling under this definition. This is a quote from SCOPE (Shooters Committee On Political Education): "This legislation would prohibit the possession of semi-automatic and pump action rifles, semi-automatic shotguns and semi-automatic pistols that have certain cosmetic characteristics that the sponsors deem would pose a threat to public health and safety" (emphasis added).
    Wonder what sort of "cosmetic features" those would be...maybe, "black and scary-looking?"
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

I am sure he will STOP PAYING HIS BODYGUARDS and remove their guns.

He should just pass a law YOU CAN NOT SHOOT CUOMO think of the money he could save NY
    by not needing the bodyguards.
    Aceoky and accessbob like this.

They seem to forget we already have a ban on Murder, possession much less using a weapon on school property etc. Someone explain how those laws helped in the very cases they want to USE now? Also how did the last AWB stop Columbine, North Hollywood shootout, Heath school shooting, Tim McVeigh's murders etc. etc. etc.

I used to live in NY. Gun Control and Clinton were a few reasons I moved to the red state of Colorado. This was before Osama... I mean Obamas first run... now i own a house and have to live with whatever bs comes our way. I live in the most pro rights county here... OC no problem... Concealed with no permit.... no problem. Got the permit for when I am outside county lines. Felt stupid when I purchased my first handgun last year and asked what day I can pick it up... figured there was some crazy waiting period like in NY... imagine my shock when he said in about 20 minutes... now I was on my lunch break when I purchased it and lets say I used half a sick day.

Stunad.............of the first order.....IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links