CALL TO ACTION: March on state capitols, 19 Jan! - Page 2

CALL TO ACTION: March on state capitols, 19 Jan!

This is a discussion on CALL TO ACTION: March on state capitols, 19 Jan! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone wondering: what impact this will have on a Saturday , amongst legislature/exec types at our capitols?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CALL TO ACTION: March on state capitols, 19 Jan!

Anyone wondering: what impact this will have on a Saturday, amongst legislature/exec types at our capitols?
    OldVet likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Anyone wondering: what impact this will have on a Saturday, amongst legislature/exec types at our capitols?
    I was thinking the same thing. As I was reading through this it hit me that is the same day I'm leaving for one of my winter backpacking trips - next Saturday. I'll be curious to hear the results.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Of course, if enough people show up we should still get some media coverage. You could also consider it a rehearsal for a mid-week gathering. Its got to be better than sitting home.

P.S.

I just re-read my post, and to clarify, I wasn't trying to be derogatory toward anyone. Mid week would be better, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; January 12th, 2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarification
    miller_man and mano3 like this.

Wink

First post ever here. Howdy!

I am planning on going to Baton Rouge for the March, and I'm glad they are doing it on Saturday so I CAN go. My guess is that most conservative/2A supporting types are actually working during the week. It always amazes me when the media shows some huge turn out for a liberal cause on a Wednesday. I always ask myself "Isn't someone depending on you doing your job today?" (No offense to night/weekend guys!)
    mano3 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I'll be in nashville, hoping for a good turn out. Like hoganbeg said, beats sitting at home hoping other people went.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I understand people's questioning of it being held on a weekend. The reasoning for that is to get the GREAtest number of people out there. Of course, not everyone has the weekend off... but if it was held during the week you would be hearing the question "why during the week?" and the excuse "I can't get off during the week." It being held on a weekend should allow for the greatest amount of participation and the greater the numbers, the greater the impact.

This is not the only demonstration like this. In early February, there is another round of these marches being held during the work week. This gives people options. But definitely don't feel the need to attend just one. If at all possible, go to both and/or as many as you can. I'll be attending both (the one on Jan 19th and the one on Feb 8th). I've got a pro 2A, gun-friendly boss back in CA who will be going as well.

Media should be there to get at least a little bit of coverage of the event. No matter though... take your cameras, your phones... get pictures and videos of the event. If the media tries to make the attendance look as small as possible, YOU have the power to show and prove otherwise! Get those pics and videos out to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and on your representatives, senators and governor's pages!!!
    mano3, rigel42 and RemMod597 like this.

Please be smart when speaking at this event. Choose your words (on your signs too) wisely.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Wise advice. Anybody have suggestions for signs you would like to share?

"I have the right to defend my family"
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

I will be in Columbia, SC for our rally.
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    Wise advice. Anybody have suggestions for signs you would like to share?
    "Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless. Support gun rights!"
    mano3 likes this.

After what just happened in NY last night... I hope to god that Albany is packed with thousands upon thousands of people on Saturday. NY is just the test bed... how many other states are going to start following suit? Bloomberg is financially backing lobbyists here in CO to push through similar legislation without any grandfathering clause. After NY and CO... which will be the next state to fall?

PLEASE be there at your capital on Saturday if it is at all possible!!!

There is a Facebook page that has a list of contact in each state to get more information on these marches.
    https://www.facebook.com/GunControlMoreCrime
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It was a pleasant and enjoyable afternoon in Austin.

2013-01-19_12-24-15_438.jpg

VIP Member
    In Columbus (OH) we had between 500 & 700 people by my estimation. It was a very good turnout and a positive event.

ETA. The Columbus Dispatch gave a good write-up on the event and estimated the crowd at 700-900.

http://mobile.dispatch.com/wap/pda/stations/3/
    Last edited by ksholder; January 19th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links