Defensive Carry banner

CALL TO ACTION: March on state capitols, 19 Jan!

4K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  TN_Mike 
#1 ·

I'll be there (here) in Denver! I encourage all other Denverites and Colorodans to be there with me! Bring a friend.

Please help spread the word!

Yes the date in the overlay is wrong. It says 2012 but he says 2013. SATURDAY JAN 19, 2013!!!

#6 ·
I'm a little surprised at how quiet it is in here. I figured all of the "from my cold dead hands" and "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" peeps would be the first ones to proclaim "I'll stand with you!" You say you'll fight... well here is your chance to do so... peacefully. I know it is easy for us to use our voice in an internet forum that not many people will see, but now is an opportunity to take that voice from a forum and out into the open.

While I know not everyone can or will be there... I'm counting on you vets to do everything you can to make it if at all possible. We swore an oath to support and defend the constitution. That oath didn't stop when I took off the uniform. Come march with me! Bring friends, bring family, bring coworkers... we need all the help we can get!

#7 ·
Washingtonians - See you in Olympia!

#12 ·
Reactions: mano3
#13 ·
It's six hours to Tallahassee. I'll have to pass.

#16 ·
Anyone wondering: what impact this will have on a Saturday, amongst legislature/exec types at our capitols?

#18 · (Edited)
Of course, if enough people show up we should still get some media coverage. You could also consider it a rehearsal for a mid-week gathering. Its got to be better than sitting home.

P.S.

I just re-read my post, and to clarify, I wasn't trying to be derogatory toward anyone. Mid week would be better, but it is what it is.

#19 ·
First post ever here. Howdy!

I am planning on going to Baton Rouge for the March, and I'm glad they are doing it on Saturday so I CAN go. My guess is that most conservative/2A supporting types are actually working during the week. It always amazes me when the media shows some huge turn out for a liberal cause on a Wednesday. I always ask myself "Isn't someone depending on you doing your job today?" (No offense to night/weekend guys!)

#21 ·
I understand people's questioning of it being held on a weekend. The reasoning for that is to get the GREATEST number of people out there. Of course, not everyone has the weekend off... but if it was held during the week you would be hearing the question "why during the week?" and the excuse "I can't get off during the week." It being held on a weekend should allow for the greatest amount of participation and the greater the numbers, the greater the impact.

This is not the only demonstration like this. In early February, there is another round of these marches being held during the work week. This gives people options. But definitely don't feel the need to attend just one. If at all possible, go to both and/or as many as you can. I'll be attending both (the one on Jan 19th and the one on Feb 8th). I've got a pro 2A, gun-friendly boss back in CA who will be going as well.

Media should be there to get at least a little bit of coverage of the event. No matter though... take your cameras, your phones... get pictures and videos of the event. If the media tries to make the attendance look as small as possible, YOU have the power to show and prove otherwise! Get those pics and videos out to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and on your representatives, senators and governor's pages!!!

#27 ·
After what just happened in NY last night... I hope to god that Albany is packed with thousands upon thousands of people on Saturday. NY is just the test bed... how many other states are going to start following suit? Bloomberg is financially backing lobbyists here in CO to push through similar legislation without any grandfathering clause. After NY and CO... which will be the next state to fall?

PLEASE be there at your capital on Saturday if it is at all possible!!!

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.