problem with iwb

This is a discussion on problem with iwb within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently went into a restaurant with my iwb holster on my right side ( 5:00 position ) , I had my shirt tucked in, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By .45acpguy
  • 1 Post By kd5taa

Thread: problem with iwb

problem with iwb

I recently went into a restaurant with my iwb holster on my right side ( 5:00 position ) , I had my shirt tucked in, and was able to still conceal pretty well. Anyways, I went to sit down and the metal clamp got caught on the booth's backside and bent my clamp back. This made me mad at myself for not being more carefull and aware, but it also made me mad because I had just bought this thing. I wonder if they would fix it for me? im a new ccw holder so there will probably be alot of lessons to be learned, but it makes me mad at myself because I practice pulling my firearm and practice safety on a regular basis. It just sucks to mess up any of my equipment.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you don't think you can bend it back, contact the maker. Most of them are pretty forgiving when it comes to their products.
    akav8er likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

They might fix it but I wouldn't bet on it. I guess all you can do is try and see what they say.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    I recently went into a restaurant with my iwb holster on my right side ( 5:00 position ) , I had my shirt tucked in, and was able to still conceal pretty well. Anyways, I went to sit down and the metal clamp got caught on the booth's backside and bent my clamp back. This made me mad at myself for not being more carefull and aware, but it also made me mad because I had just bought this thing. I wonder if they would fix it for me? im a new ccw holder so there will probably be alot of lessons to be learned, but it makes me mad at myself because I practice pulling my firearm and practice safety on a regular basis. It just sucks to mess up any of my equipment.
    If you bought it from Crossbreed, they will definitely fix it. They fixed mine for free (lifetime guarantee) and got it back to me within a week.
    ccman likes this.

Even if they wont check out knifekits.com and grab another belt clip. The ones I use for IWB are just a couple bucks
    Aceoky likes this.

I hate the cheap metal belt clips. If your holster will accommodate them, you might try some like these: Mounting Options - products new home - C-T.A.C. Standard Clip
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    ... bent my clamp back.
    Assuming you're speaking of the clips that hold the belt onto the holster, you should be able to order a couple of spares from the maker for a small sum. Always a good thing to have on hand, including a few spare screws.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If you think you are going to continue having the same type of problem, you might want to try J hooks, or leather loops. I bet you did a job on the booth upholstery as well!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHB View Post
    I hate the cheap metal belt clips. If your holster will accommodate them, you might try some like these: Mounting Options - products new home - C-T.A.C. Standard Clip
    Ooohhhhh... those are nice!
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Links