Take it or leave it

This is a discussion on Take it or leave it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, say your in the car with your freind and a couple of his freinds that you have never met before. You pull up to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Take it or leave it

Take it or leave it

Ok, say your in the car with your freind and a couple of his freinds that you have never met before. You pull up to the bank drive through and theres a problem with your account. they ask you to come in and talk to the staff about correcting your account. so you pull around and park but suddenly remember that you have a firearm in an iwb holster. would you leave the gun in your car knowing that you dont have anyway to lock it up? your freinds, freinds have been drinking and you have that feeling that if you put your gun in the glove department then they might take it out to have a look. and at a bank?! not a great idea! how would you handle this situation?

2. Remove Ads

I live in Florida and banks carry no force of law here even though they have a sign. I take it with me
    Lish, kmagnuss, .45acpguy and 1 others like this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Take it in, as there is no law in my state preventing me from taking a firearm in to a bank. Concealed is concealed.

Now, if you don't have that option.. unload, unchamber. Problem solved.
    RemMod597 likes this.

Another FL resident here who is always armed in the bank.
    You, however, could simply go back to the trunk and deposit your firearm, or (as I would do in your position) simply let the individuals in your car find out who you REALLY are...

On a more important note, I would not be hanging around with drunk friends while I was armed...find other armed friends who don't have to drink to have a good time.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Re: Take it or leave it

Lock up your friends instead of the gun.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    ditto, not illegal in CA
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I always wear my gun into my bank. No laws against it and no one knows. If it was against the law I would just tell the teller that now was not a good time and let her know when I could come back. They work for me.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I don't bank where I can't carry.
    MamaMaria likes this.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    Ok, say your in the car with your freind and a couple of his freinds that you have never met before. You pull up to the bank drive through and theres a problem with your account. they ask you to come in and talk to the staff about correcting your account. so you pull around and park but suddenly remember that you have a firearm in an iwb holster. would you leave the gun in your car knowing that you dont have anyway to lock it up? your freinds, freinds have been drinking and you have that feeling that if you put your gun in the glove department then they might take it out to have a look. and at a bank?! not a great idea! how would you handle this situation?
    I'm a member of a credit union (and they're carry friendly ). If I had to leave it behind, I'd lock it in the trunk, in the safe or the cable lock I keep for such "emergencies."
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Another FL resident here who is always armed in the bank.
    You, however, could simply go back to the trunk and deposit your firearm, or (as I would do in your position) simply let the individuals in your car find out who you REALLY are...

On a more important note, I would not be hanging around with drunk friends while I was armed...find other armed friends who don't have to drink to have a good time.OMOYMV
    The OP's scenario seemed a tad contrived, and general answers impossible because everything is state specific. With that out of the way, where do I find the thumbs up icon? Ret deserves a big bunch of them for the sage advice.

Law of stupids--- don't hang out with stupid people, as for example--- drunks.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The OP's scenario seemed a tad contrived, and general answers impossible because everything is state specific. With that out of the way, where do I find the thumbs up icon? Ret deserves a big bunch of them for the sage advice.

Law of stupids--- don't hang out with stupid people, as for example--- drunks.
    Here it is, Hopyard!

BTW - I agree.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    Here in North Carolina the law was recently changed to allow concealed carry in financial institutions so I would just take it with me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    It's a good idea to have a secure car or truck safe in your vehicle at all times. There are many occasions where you might have to secure your firearm in your vehicle. Being prepared = no problem. lock it up where no one can get to it.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I take mine into the bank also. Best not to let anybody you don't really know, know you have a weapon on you at all.

Unless this is time sensitive banking. You can always come back to the bank at another time. Without the passengers.
    Fitch likes this.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Take it with me of course (No problem in PA), or go back another day (if banks were off limits). I would NOT leave it behind in a car if there were unlicensed people in the car. Period. Friends, strangers, doesn't matter. Leaving the gun with them if they are unlicensed is not an option - it's that simple.

Fitch
    BIGSAM likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links