No Guns = No Money cards

This is a discussion on No Guns = No Money cards within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good idea. Thanks...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: No Guns = No Money cards

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Good idea. Thanks
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

2. Remove Ads

I had some cards something like yours. Won't post it, pretty much the same.

Anyway, a new store came into town and promptly put up "No Gun" signs.

I stopped at the door and poked my head in to get the attention of the clerk. I presented a card to her and told her to give it to manager. I remarked that there were other stores around that sold the same merchandise.

A week later the signs were gone and I went in (several times in the ensuing months) and made purchases.

YES, they work!
    68blackbird, MASSIVE and Phaedrus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cptsdr View Post
    Do you disarm before you walk in to hand them this card?
    Just wondering. :-)
    As i am still waiting for my plastic to arrive, it is not an issue. My plan is to go to the places I used to frequent while waiting, ask for manager and hand them out, keep cards on me for those occasions I walk up and see posted signage to deliver. Hey, I don't know if it will make a difference, but can't hurt to try, plus it is the principle of it, Kel
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Signs have no force of law, so personally I don't care. I carry concealed.
    Cute idea though. I doubt most larger businesses would get the message since the card is being handed to a non management, non-decision maker.
    Here in Texas, 30.06 signs & 51% signs are enforcable.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I like that card a lot.

I haven't been able to figure out what an 'Illegal Gun" is. The gun isn't illegal, the possession is. So I'd have to say, use the wording, "No Illegally Possessed Guns." In Vermont it's illegal to concealed carry if you have done the things listed on the card, but they don't check that unless you do something wrong with the gun, in which case that charge is added on. I've never been to Vermont, I'd be surprised if there are many "No Guns" signs on stores or other places of business.

Fitch
    Rob(ohiorobp) has offered a good option...

Great idea. If someone can give me the text that would be more universal. I as a graphic designer will make a "pretty" and universal one in a PDF format for all to use. Send me a pm and I will provide my email to receive the proper universal text to make it for you. If you want state seals and such please let me know. Thanks and God Bless

I made these tailored to myself, not nowing everyone else would be so positive to them. Keep us posted Rob, Kel

- Antonio Meloni

I hate those businesses that have those stupid signs. It's a just an open invite to crinmals to come and rob the place since any CC gun owners had to leave their guns in the car.
    BTW to the OP your signs makes perfect sense. Maybe if enough people email your sign to the business owner they will get the message.
    The Wal Marts I shop at you CANT CC but you CAN buy ammo there. LOL.

Re: No Guns = No Money cards

Great idea!

Never give up. Never give in.

Apathy is destroying America. Even if I only hand out one card it is still better than doing nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BigJon10125 and fredg53 like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    You might want to consider putting a few boxes of 50 on Ebay, Gunbroker.com and AuctionArms.com. If it works go big before copycats get in on it.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

From one of the great leaders in the Missouri gun right community; designed to fit on business card stock from any office supply. You can put what you want on the back, most all packs of business card stock will have downloadable programs for proper spacing.

Free "No Guns, No Money" Cards

Here in Western Colorado I have quit carrying them, never had call to use one and they made the wallet too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    From one of the great leaders in the Missouri gun right community; designed to fit on business card stock from any office supply. You can put what you want on the back, most all packs of business card stock will have downloadable programs for proper spacing.

Free "No Guns, No Money" Cards

Here in Western Colorado I have quit carrying them, never had call to use one and they made the wallet too thick.
    yep, I printed out some of those until I made mine...

- Antonio Meloni

We have had these for years:
    - No Guns = No Money Cards 25/pk #

Use them occasionally, my area of Ohio is mostly gun friendly.
    68blackbird likes this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hope you have fun doing this. Personally, I believe that when I spit in the ocean the level of the water will go up. Hey--if this makes you feel better and makes you think that the bigger companies, who are the ones who usually have the "no gun" signs, will change their opinion, have at it--- IMO, you are sadly mistaken, considering the asylum run by its inmates and formerly known as the USA. I do, however, find your cards to be well written and to the point and can congratulate you on your initiative--I just think it is spitting in the ocean.
    You may be right. But don't just hand this to the minimum wage clerk. Find the owner of manager and give it to them.

What about like "please robb me" we dont carry any weapons
    Vodekz
    fredg53 likes this.

If you were a restaurant owner, would you really want armed customers involved if an armed robbery occurred? I mean, I'd be happy for more CCWs if there was a shooting spree or something.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    If you were a restaurant owner, would you really want armed customers involved if an armed robbery occurred? I mean, I'd be happy for more CCWs if there was a shooting spree or something.
    As an armed citizen, I have been given a permit to carry a gun for self-protection. I am not a law enforcement officer. Now, if my life is threatened in your scenario, different story.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links