Does a CCW Permit Make You More Likely To Avoid A Fight - Page 2

Does a CCW Permit Make You More Likely To Avoid A Fight

This is a discussion on Does a CCW Permit Make You More Likely To Avoid A Fight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes. Absolutely. Carrying comes with a big set of responsibilities. One of those is to avoid unnecessary confrontation. I am not really a fighter in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does a CCW Permit Make You More Likely To Avoid A Fight

Yes. Absolutely. Carrying comes with a big set of responsibilities. One of those is to avoid unnecessary confrontation.

I am not really a fighter in general. I have only been in a handful of fights and all but one of those were before I turned 18.

The one as an \"adult\" was in college. The reason for that was the other dude hit my girlfriend so he got it reeaaal good. I wasn\'t carrying then but I think if I were I wouldn\'t have fought him. I would have called the cops or else I might have done something real stupid.

At least I think I\'m that smart. I hope...;)

ccw
    An armed society is a polite society. Yes.....:kay:

I have been more aware of my situation since I started carrying. For the last 10 years or so I have accepted that I don\'t drive the way most people want me to. I drive the speed limit and stop at stop signs. So if one starts tailgating me I simple put my signal on and move off to the shoulder and let them pass.
    I only go two places I would consider sub-safe. One is a bar off in downtown St. Louis. We know the owner, and park there when we are in town for a Rams or Cards game. I carry into the bar and the owner locks it in his safe. The other is a bar in Alton, Ill and I really have to be careful there. I must lock my gun and ammo in separate containers by ILL law. We only go there in the daylight and we park in their lot. Not the best but an afternoon at Fast Eddy\'s Bon Aire is a treat and we try to do it once a year.

I think it helps to keep me more even headed....things dont upset me like they did before carrying. I look at thigns differently.....nothing is worth getting THAT upset over...

Couldn\'t agree more with all the responses so far....I too used to have more problems while driving....you see I believe that I\'m the \"only one\" who knows how to drive responsibly (little humor here)...I\'d cuss at, wave the single finger flag, and just generally get all hot and bothered. I still shake my head at some of them, but I don\'t want to escalate the situation anymore. Taking the CCW class was good at emphasizing the levels of conflict and what is appropriate response. While waiting on my CCW permit, I decided to get a can of pepperspray and keep that in my truck...if ever confronted with some \"unarmed\" bozo, I can use the spray if it appears the situation is going to go beyond \"words\". Bottom line is having alternatives when deadly force is not an option and you just don\'t want to have bruised knuckles......just be sure the wind is in the right direction before using the spray !

The license didn\'t - CCW did. I found that to be the case many years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links