Concealed Carry Classes for Teachers - Page 2

Concealed Carry Classes for Teachers

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Classes for Teachers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OldVet While I do not object to arming teachers in most cases, I'd be far more in favor of armed security trained ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Classes for Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    While I do not object to arming teachers in most cases, I'd be far more in favor of armed security trained to a much higher level of tactics than a first grade teacher with a concealed license.
    Why? Shouldn't teachers have the ability to defend themselves? What if it is the security who decides to go crazy and starts shooting?
    jrclen likes this.

CA allows CC in schools, but TX doesn't??? How strange is that?!?

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Just thinking out loud here....if some states were to pass a school zone law that says weapons would not be allowed within say 100 yards of a school zone then what happens on the street or highway that passes in front of the school zone.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

You would be in violation anytime you passed even near a school, another way to restrict legal gun owners and having NO effect on criminals whatsoever.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    You would be in violation anytime you passed even near a school, another way to restrict legal gun owners and having NO effect on criminals whatsoever.
    So....a good place to set up a license check......right !!!! GOTTCHA
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here....if some states were to pass a school zone law that says weapons would not be allowed within say 100 yards of a school zone then what happens on the street or highway that passes in front of the school zone.
    I'm not certain about all states but if you have a CC it is legal drive past a school or stop and let your children out. However if you get out of the vehicle in the school drop off zone with the weapon on you it is against the law. Federal law currently covers drug free and no firearms zones around schools. We see how well drug free zones work around and in schools, pretty much the same with guns.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

^^
    In KY, your car is considered your home. With the exception if the Post Office (and perhaps some other Federal properties) you cannot be restricted from having a firearm in your car. This includes school parking lots.

Of course, to conceal it in your car, you'd need a CCDW. But since Ky is an OC state, this isn't much of a problem.

To clarify in KY it's not considered concealed in your glove box OR in any permanent compartment that is factory installed in your vehicle (console etc) also in your car @ the PO is still your property NOT theirs just don't take it out and I would still not advertise it ,but a PG told me that can't figure why he'd not be correct?

On another point "technically" you're allowed by KY law to have it in your car at schools , but you "could" be found in violation of the Fed GFSZA unless you have a CCW . I have never heard of that, but it's possible.

The best solution to school security would be to have a good number of both teachers and staff carrying concealed. Anyone wanting to do evil at a school has an easier time taking out a uniformed security guard first and then doing their worst, but when the they don't know who or how many armed individuals they will have to face, schools aren't easy targets anymore.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I think it should be required that for the teachers who do carry, it should be carried on the body. Haphazardly leaving a gun in a desk drawer, or in a purse, briefcase or filing cabinet is a recipe for having it stolen.

Of course if a student tries to physically disarm a teacher... well, that's a good way to get shot. Lethal force is a justified response for someone attempting to disarm you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That is pretty much what the veteran police officer who recently visited the school where my wife teaches stated.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    The best solution to school security would be to have a good number of both teachers and staff carrying concealed. Anyone wanting to do evil at a school has an easier time taking out a uniformed security guard first and then doing their worst, but when the they don't know who or how many armed individuals they will have to face, schools aren't easy targets anymore.

Ideally no one other than the carriers and the Admin would even have a clue who was or wasn't armed, the element of surprise is crucial in such a scenario IMO No one can talk about "Mr. X" carrying so the bad guys won't have a clue, they "might know" IF they show up to kill they will not have the "free shooting fish in a barrel situation" that they so desire (cowards)

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I think it should be required that for the teachers who do carry, it should be carried on the body. Haphazardly leaving a gun in a desk drawer, or in a purse, briefcase or filing cabinet is a recipe for having it stolen.

Of course if a student tries to physically disarm a teacher... well, that's a good way to get shot. Lethal force is a justified response for someone attempting to disarm you.

My wife has her CCL and she is a HS teacher. It makes me sick that she can't carry at work. If teachers and school staff carried guns the likely hood of a attempted school shooting would be slim to none.
    Aceoky likes this.

I think I'm going to contact the powers that be and get everyone that I can to do the same, it's absurd to leave the students at the mercy of madmen all for the false "appearance of safety" IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links