can you get a conceal permit if you have had a owi?

This is a discussion on can you get a conceal permit if you have had a owi? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Really depends on how your state processes the app's....Here in NC it is "totally" at the discretion of the county sheriff. You can be a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: can you get a conceal permit if you have had a owi?

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Really depends on how your state processes the app's....Here in NC it is "totally" at the discretion of the county sheriff. You can be a model citizen, no criminal record of any sort, no parking violations, or speeding tickets or any thing else and he can deny the app. That is why here in this county a lot of X sheriff officers (who were let go at the same discretion of the sheriff) can't get CCL's. If the sheriff let you go cause he just did not like you for whatever reason of you did not play the proper political department politics forget your CCL unless you move to another county then you "may" have a chance........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

thankyou doghandler and ccw9mm, thats exactly what i was looking for. i agree ksholder, but was his only time and is very responsable now. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    owi?
    I thought it sail Owl. I guess Harry Potter is out of luck.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    i have a buddy that wants to get a conceal carry permit in iowa and he was asking me if i thought it was worth his time and money. he says it was seven years ago, his first time, paid his fines and did what he had to do to get it over with. do you think he has a chance of getting a permit?
    OP,

When I saw the title of your post, I also thought it was about Owls. Since my wife is a long-time Harry Potter fan, I considered that you might be discussing something about their O.W.L.'s--their big tests at Hogwarts.

Oh well, sorry about that & welcome to the forum!

In Ohio we call it OVI. Here anyway the answer is yes. In fact if you are even pulled over and arrested for drunk driving the only way you can lose your permit is if you have the gun with you. On a personal note, Drunk driving is one of the most stupid things you can do. If your ever dumb enough to drive drunk, in my opinion, you should never be allowed to own a gun, EVER ! Of course my opinion is skewed. I work for a sheriff's department and have seen how drunk driving destroys lives.

Oh, If I made someone upset who has had a conviction in the past, GOOD !

Oh, no I'm not upset. If I'd have waited 15 more minutes before I left the bar I would have been legal.

No harsh lesson is lost on me, Brothers and Sisters.
    ohio06 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I was outraged when I thought he had an owl. OWI should be fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links