Least Expensive Quality Practice 9mm Ammo?

This is a discussion on Least Expensive Quality Practice 9mm Ammo? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GH I've found that Federal's American Eagle is cleaner than most & dependable. It's not the cheapest, though, but not the most ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Least Expensive Quality Practice 9mm Ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I've found that Federal's American Eagle is cleaner than most & dependable. It's not the cheapest, though, but not the most expensive, either. I haven't checked ammo prices for a month but I imagine it's all gone up in price.
    First of all, thank you for your service GH. Much appreciated. Because of people like you, we are allowed to have these kinds of discussions.

I like the AE FMJ and it is what I normally buy i bulk. It's what I shoot for practice and match play. Before Obama was re-annointed, I was buying 1000 round cases from SG Ammo for $214 a box. They've been out forever now, so who knows what the price will be next time.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

2. Remove Ads

Blazer Brass or Herters when I can get them.

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    I've found that Federal's American Eagle is cleaner than most & dependable. It's not the cheapest, though, but not the most expensive, either. I haven't checked ammo prices for a month but I imagine it's all gone up in price.

Midwayusa had American Eagle for $12 ..... always find them the cheapest ..... you get a $20 coupon on a $200 order

Quote Originally Posted by nontechguy View Post
    Federal 115g FMJ Wally world $19.95 per 100 ct box. At least it was last week.
    I have yet to find the Federal 115g FMJ 100 count boxes at my local Walmart since it opened back in 2008. That stuff must leave the shelves as soon as it's stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scramble4a5 View Post
    Blazer Brass or Herters when I can get them.
    Do you find that the Herter's is excessively dirty?

Tul Ammo. Dirty, but it goes bang.

Went into local ammo shop today; they ONLY sell ammo, and the place was EMPTY!!They said they had x # pallets delivered last week and most of it was gone within 3 hours!Not a SINGLE 9mm or .380 bullet in the entire joint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links