Stowing your firearm in your car while at work

This is a discussion on Stowing your firearm in your car while at work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use the Gun Vault 200 (approx $30). I find it easier to use the key in low light situations rather than try to use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stowing your firearm in your car while at work

I use the Gun Vault 200 (approx $30). I find it easier to use the key in low light situations rather than try to use the dome light or a flashlight to enter a combination (Gun Vault 300) and it is easy to reach from the driver's seat at the beginning or end of my workday.
    "The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20."
    - Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Console vault in truck with viper alarm where I cant carry or gun safe with cable and trunk locked on motorcycle
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Combination cable vault on the floor, to lock, move one wheel one digit when I leave, returning I move the wheel back one digit. If the car is broken into, slim chance the wheel will be rotated to the unlock spot. More likely the wheels will get scrambled.
    Console Vault with combination lock in my Suburban. Tried the key lock for a few days, didn't like the vault key on my truck key ring and wasn't a fan of hiding the key in another location or on another ring in my pocket. Roomey enough for the wifes purse. My son got one for his Christmas, Ford F350.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

Our employee handbook states that firearms are not allowed in the facility. I purchased a Gunvault mini to use while inside. Initially I just shoved my loaded pistol and holster (Remora or Uncle Mike's pocket) into the box, twisted the lock and shoved it under the seat. Lately I've been slipping on my Mtac first thing in the morning and carrying inside. If my behaviour is unacceptable they can terminate me. I've decided I'm too old to be bullied into submission.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Unloaded when stored, in your vehicle or anywhere. You don't have to take the magazine in with you, but you should put it someplace other than where the gun is.

VIP Member
    If I have to leave it in my vehicle, I lock it in a security box.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Must be nice. At my place of employment, I'm not even allowed to have it in my car if my car is on company property.

In something strong if you need to leave it unattended all day. Hidden is even better, but for me I know this is much stronger than any glovebox or center console and I can access it from the drivers seat. If you have the room, something like this could be mounted horizontally under a seat so it is even harder to tamper with.

20955_248042136874_7355500_n.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links