911 Tapes of mother defending her children and herself

This is a discussion on 911 Tapes of mother defending her children and herself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If anyone ever asks what reason you have for having a gun in your house tell them to listen to this: 911 call excerpts from ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tangochuck
  • 1 Post By Chief1297
  • 2 Post By the6shooter
  • 1 Post By smolck

Thread: 911 Tapes of mother defending her children and herself

911 Tapes of mother defending her children and herself

If anyone ever asks what reason you have for having a gun in your house tell them to listen to this:

911 call excerpts from Loganville house | www.ajc.com
    bigsky109 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

WOW...I dont know if I could have been that calm as the hubby on the phone. If it were me dealing with the issue directly, that is one thing. To have my wife have to handle it while I sit and listen would have been exceedlingly painful. She should have called 911 first as she wasted time calling her husband instead of 911. Other than that, she did good.
    mano3 likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Sweet.

A perfect example....

Thanks for sharing. I just passed it on to several others....

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Thanks more need to hear this

VIP Member
    She did a great job, so did her husband. I hope she and her kids aren't too traumatized by the whole thing.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

That was a job well done, I listened to the tape and noticed that it took 11 minutes for the deputies to arrive.
    So it does pay to have a weapon in the house, to defend yourself. For 11 minutes
    bigsky109 and 40Bob like this.

VIP Member
    The neighbor dude sounded like someone I wouldn't mind having next door to me. Glad the knuckledragger decided he needed to be somewhere else after she shot him or this story would have had a very bad ending.
    Wonder if they had FMJ loaded up or what, cause I am having a hard time imagining him being able to get up off the floor and make a break for it with 5 good HP's in him.
    Alive maybe, able to beline for his vehicle and drive??????????
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Thanks to the election and the moron vote, the powers that be want to take away your gun and hand you a phone.
    bigsky109 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

WOW! I feel better about my protection. The wife and I go to the range regularly and practice! As soon as it warms up we will be visiting the outdoor range and see if the local group has defense classes. Good POST!

That guy was arrested 6 time since 2008 and was recently released in August... Sounds like we found our problem, we don't need a gun ban, we need better enforcement of the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Wonder if they had FMJ loaded up or what, cause I am having a hard time imagining him being able to get up off the floor and make a break for it with 5 good HP's in him. Alive maybe, able to beline for his vehicle and drive??????????
    That is why many police departments made the switch to 357 Magnum, any 38 is marginal IMHO. Many times it took 5 or 6 solid hits with 38's to stop BG's or 1 or 2 357's. The FBI load is about the best for a 38 though. the important thing still remain - She hit him 5 times.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Links