Defensive Carry banner

Do Any Of Your Friends Or Associates CCW As Well?

7K views 102 replies 89 participants last post by  tnoisaw 
#1 ·
I have virtually no friends or coworkers that carry concealed. It makes me feel like the Lone Ranger sometimes. Maybe I need to find a support group :p

What about the membership here?

#28 ·
Originally posted by KeithL
Not a single person I know has a CCW. How sad is that?
Not sad at all. It could mean that your carrying friends opt for \"total\" concealment. Of course the tens of thousands who frequent this forum know I carry, as does at least one county sheriff\'s deputy. But in my social circle only my wife and 1 packin'friend know.

#29 ·
I\'ve got about 3 friends that I know carry. They are the ones that got me thinking about my safety. And I am very appreciative for them. I trust them dearly. And our family is expanding. Sheesh, my gf went to the range with us and let off one mag and she\'s very \"nervous\" around handguns. She trusts and understands our \"infatuation\" with them but isn\'t too fond on them herself.

#30 ·
I\'m the only person I know that carries. Of the few that know me well enough to know I carry, the feelings are mixed. Some think it\'s great I\'m exercising my right to protect myself and family, some think I\'m wacked, and some are uninterested but neutral.

#31 ·
Not as far as I know. My wife\'s nephew (a recent refugee from Kalifornia) has said he will eventually - but I think the rest are content with MO\'s car carry provision and so are not interested in pursuing a license.

But that\'s just as far as I know. Personally - I neither ask nor tell. It\'s cliche - but as far as I am concerned - \"concealed\" does mean \"concealed\".

#33 ·
A better question which just presented itself to me last night. How many of your friends or acquaintances do you wish did not carry?

A good friend of mine is going to get his CCW here in NV was telling me about a guy I have ridden motorcycles with for sometime. I never knew the guy carries. He would purposefully go to bad areas looking for trouble just to see if these areas with their disreputable ppl would f#%k with him???

I guess he goes to Midnight Madness and just talks down to ppl to see their reaction. Needless to say I do not hang out with this individual.

What a mungo. Where is the logic in intently putting yourself in harms way. Not a friend of mine but an acquaintence. I wish he did not carry because he does more harm to the cause then those that view carrying as the great responsibility it is.

~A

#34 ·
Originally posted by APachon
A better question which just presented itself to me last night. How many of your friends or acquaintances do you wish did not carry?

~A
One... and I\'m only telling the story second hand. But SGeringer was joking around with a mutual friend of ours but our \"friend\" decided take the situation to escalate the situation and pointed his loaded 226 at SGeringer as a \"joke\". Not very funny. :O

#37 ·
ALL of my close friends but one has a permit. Of those prolly 90% carry 90% of the time. The one who has no permit still has a safe FULL of guns including a Steyr SSG Sniper Rifle and a load of Government Model 45\'s, he\'s just married to an anti-gun MD. He still sneaks off to shoot with ME once in a while.

NONE of my ultra liberal coworkers carry although over the years I have taught a fair number of them to shoot---ALWAYS with them pleading \"PLEASE DON\'T TELL ANYBODY!\" Public School Teachers....~sigh~ To my knowldege, only a few of those educators to whom I gave the CCW class (I\'m an NRA certified instructor) actually got the permit and carry on a regular basis.

#40 ·
Carry on a Date?

I carried when I was single and had the occasion to actually draw in defense of HER honor. Had I not been armed, I\'d have been beaten or dead and she gang raped. As it was, they were instantly discouraged. I was 21 and it was my first carry permit.
I also carry still now that I\'m married. Now more than ever considering the WOT.

#41 ·
WOT. All I know this to stand for is Wide Open Throttle. Help please.

~A

Originally posted by ExSoldier762

I also carry still now that I\'m married. Now more than ever considering the WOT.

#44 ·
late to arrive at this party, but an interesting question!

With that said, sadly and unfortunately, I have no family members (an uncle that I see a few times a year who is my CC 'hero'!) or friends that carry. :frown:

My dad is pro-CCW, but waiting for OH's ridiculous open car transport law to be changed.

I feel like a lone ranger too, until I come here among like-minded, great folks. :smile:

#45 ·
Due to the fact that I am in law enforcement, I know a number of people who do carry. There is another Deputy DA in my office that carries as well as my uncle who is a Deputy DA in Utah.

From what I have heard, a lot of Deputy DA's carry due to the fact that we deal with the same people that the cops deal with. Except no vest or provided weapons and ammo.

#47 ·
Oh wow - resurrection time for an old thread!!

Don't think I was here when this started - oh so far back!

I have many buddies in shooting clubs who carry - hardly surprising. My wife has had her permit now for well over a year and step-daughter soon to get hers.

If PA stat's anything to go by - my county in particular (2,500 permits, new and renewals I expect too) in last year!! There are plenty of folks around me who do but I have not ''made''.

Only thing that bothers me is knowing that some of those with permits carry so infrequently. Oh and my son got his permit finally last year and his foot doctor (St.Michael here) is a Glock carrier - so do know quite a few overall.

#48 ·
I really feel like the Lone Ranger here in CA. My wife is pretty much and anti gunner. My daughter loves it and shoots with me weekly. I have friends that shoot but nobody else that I know has a CCW. They all live in areas that won't give one out. It's a lonely walk but thats ok

#49 ·
I live in a small town of about 1350 people. A few others here have their CHL, but it's not like we go up to each other and talk about having them.

My son turned 21 in Feb., he had his course completed and paperwork in by the middle of the month. He received his Texas CHL a week and a half ago, so now I do have someone I know who also carries...... :wink:

#51 ·
Don't have any friends. Closest thing is forum users here and on GT.

I am the only one at work that carries. Two managers know about it and keep it hush hush. That is it.

My brother in law has a permit; we took the class together. He doesn't carry at all. I don't know why he bothered to get the permit, but whatever. That is his deal.

My wife will be getting her permit after the baby is born. I asked the doctor if shooting is ok while pregnant, as only 30 rounds is required for the class. She said no due to airborne lead and gas exposure. Darn. Maybe a .22, longsleeves, gloves and a cheap dust mask. Pop off 30 rounds and shower soon to minimize exposure. I don't think it would be a problem. Then again, I could be wrong.

No one else I know has a permit. All my family is in WI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.