NRA reps say Biden/Obama already had mind made up

This is a discussion on NRA reps say Biden/Obama already had mind made up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Aceoky the 2014 election is a "big one" in many ways Such was said of the 2010 election in which the demos ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: NRA reps say Biden/Obama already had mind made up

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    the 2014 election is a "big one" in many ways
    Such was said of the 2010 election in which the demos got s huge rebuke for ramming healthcare down our throats, and yet "dear Obama" was re-elected by the moron vote. I for one have studied at length the issue. Obama can't take our guns just yet, but he'll try and chip away at the 2nd amendment little by little. Bottom line though, you can't rewrite the Bill of Rights with executive orders. Thank the founding fathers for that. But the idiot masses who voted for Obama will continue to support his radical agenda.
    rayporsche likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

You can't use electoral college votes to determine anything else (IMO) Control of the Senate "is" a very big deal to them IMO

If anyone expected an open mind from Biden or Obama more the fool they are.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    After watching all the main political Sunday shows today I noticed the tone has changed quite a bit. There was almost universal consensus that a gun ban of any kind was not likely. They thought that maybe an enhanced background check, and maybe magazine capacity limits, etc. may be more likely. Everyone needs to write and call his/her representatives in Congress and the State legislature weekly however, and keep the pressure, plus donate to the NRA and similar organizations. Also, get ready to vote these anti-2nd amendment idiots out in 2 years.
    Aceoky and Anubis like this.

Obviously,i don't know what the outcome will be.Maybe they will do like before and ban assault rifles and high cap mags.I don't think they will come after our guns.Think about the 1000's of people who works in gun stores all over the U.S. and gun manufacturers.The one's who sell gun accessories,holsters,night sights,etc..No more guns,no more jobs.That would really kill the economy.That would be a lot of people out of a job.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatAz View Post
    If anyone expected an open mind from Biden or Obama more the fool they are.
    Of course. Obama grew up politically in Chicago and has been inculcated in the gun-grabber mentality of the local machine. Realistically, he couldn't be any other way.

I'm going to wait and see what the legislation actually says instead of fantasizing about conspiracy theories and getting whipped into a frenzy.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Yep, it's all smoke and mirrors, political theater, a dog and pony show. They already know what they want. The task force is just to give them credibility and deflect blame.

There is a little trick used in the live music performance business that illustrates this. The entertainer asks the crowd, "Do we have any requests out there tonight?" Then everybody shouts out what they want to hear. The band then does the song they were going to do all along and each person the crowd thinks it was someone else's request. The crowd feels good because they feel connected and that the entertainers really listened to them.

Same thing here: they ask for ideas, ideas are tendered while making sure to include the real agenda, then they do what they want to do anyway and everyone thinks it was all seriously considered and the best ideas chosen. Hah!
    Amen, I would have to agree 100% ...... The curtain was drawn on this show long before it ever went up!
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Just seeing Eric Holder sitting next to Biden in that "committee" makes me sick!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

This all has jack **** to do with protecting children or preventing another massacre. None. What we are seeing is the inception of a slow, gradual, systematic disarming of the population. It's not going to be easy or pretty and I don't think any of us will see it in our lifetimes, but my grandchildren could end up waking up to the sound of a loud speaker ordering them to take their cold shower, put on their tracking device, and go to work.

I used to laugh at the people that would go out and buy up guns and ammo at the slightest mention of a ban. I also used to laugh at that Internet meme "Ohmagerd Oberma's takin mah gerns!!!" Well, it's not a joke anymore. He's said in plain English he wants guns out of our hands, or at least wants to limit what we can have. I'm still considering becoming an NRA life member, although I'm sure my money will simply be used to line the pockets of somebody in Washington. But if that's what it takes, then I guess that's what it takes.

And like many have said, I've never hoped so much to be so wrong about the intentions of the government.
    Aceoky and Chief1297 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I'm going to wait and see what the legislation actually says instead of fantasizing about conspiracy theories and getting whipped into a frenzy.
    When are they scheduled to lay their cards on the table? I've heard the date January 20th. Would appreciate if somebody could drop a little knowledge on me.

I think the regime will try and push as much of their agenda as they can this year because in 2014 ObamaCare will go full bore and the problems that arise from that will cause them to defend a terrible bill before the mid-terms.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    When are they scheduled to lay their cards on the table? I've heard the date January 20th. Would appreciate if somebody could drop a little knowledge on me.
    Biden is to present the recommendations tomorrow

So did I, but sadly I didn't have enough like minded folks show up in November to fix this problem.
    smolck, phreddy and OD* like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

CJM
    Any gun owner that didn't vote in November or that voted for Obama needs to be the first one in line if an AWB is passed to lay down their arms at their master's feet.
    Anubis and Aceoky like this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links