cc permit approval? misdemeanor expunged

This is a discussion on cc permit approval? misdemeanor expunged within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking of applying for my cc permit next week, you guys think my misdemeanor charge of possession of pot, that I got an ...

Thread: cc permit approval? misdemeanor expunged

I was thinking of applying for my cc permit next week, you guys think my misdemeanor charge of possession of pot, that I got an expungement for, would cause me to be denied? I wouldn't think it would since I did have it expunged.. I can't find much on the Internet about it! I only found a couple others saying they had felonies expunged and were approved in other states.. what do guys you think? or do you know anyone who would know?

I would ask when I go into the probate but since it was expunged I was told that I am not obligated to share.. I just don't want to fork over $75 to be denied, & not being approved would really suck hc.

I love in georgia btw, thanks guys

2. Remove Ads

If they run a background check the arrest will show,they will then want to know the disposition of the case,I had one expunged back in the mid 90's,when I applied for my CHL in TX even tho I put down the arrest and the outcome,they wanted the notarized Court documents.If theres a Question on the Application "Have you ever been arrested?" and you answer NO you just lied on your application.Expungements from what I understand work as far as Job Applications etc.the employer won't find out you been arrested,but when it comes to something like a CHL and they run your background check it will show
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I just looked at the app and there is a question if I had the first offender treatment in the past 5 years.. so I'll get a copy of the expungement and hope they let it slide!

was your charge for a controlled substance as well? & did they let it slide? I'm pretty sure georgia is a bit more lenient than tx

Links