My First Revolver - Ruger SP101 2/14 in barrel. (My choice for concealed carry) - Page 2

My First Revolver - Ruger SP101 2/14 in barrel. (My choice for concealed carry)

This is a discussion on My First Revolver - Ruger SP101 2/14 in barrel. (My choice for concealed carry) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the 3 inch, and I'm really impressed by how well it shoots. The SP101 and an LCP are my two carry choices, depending ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My First Revolver - Ruger SP101 2/14 in barrel. (My choice for concealed carry)

I have the 3 inch, and I'm really impressed by how well it shoots. The SP101 and an LCP are my two carry choices, depending on dress, but the .357 is always my first choice.

I bought an SP101 3 inch and when my wife shot it for the first time it went straight to the console in her pickup truck. That was the last time I saw it. I have been informed "not to remove it" from it's new home. If I want one I will need to go but my own model...........so I will and it will be a snubby SP101 in .357.
    AZJD1968 likes this.

You have made an excellent choice. I have the 3" and often carry it with me, especially around the house.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This and a Glock 19 are on my 2013 wish list. Congrats on the new addition.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I ran some 357's through mine last weekend for the first time. Not as bad as I expected but WOW! That was FUN!

Other than when I have to pocket carry (something smaller), this is the way I usually go about my day.

[/URL]
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I've had the 3 inch one for about 3 years or so. I love the gun. While I dont cc yet I plan on mine being my cc when I can. Waiting to see what Illinois will pass. Also me and the wife scheduled to take Utah cc class in March so we can carry when we are oout of state. Brady may I ask what holster that is? I have a simply rugged silverdollar pac\ncake but that holster looks more concelable. Also may I ask about the grips? the look similar to hogues but a littl shorter looking.

001.JPG

I CC mine just about every day. I trust a revolver more than an automatic and this one just runs. It sits well in a IWB or OWB holster and it not heavy at all as my other carry weapon is an all steel 1911. Besides, she is just down right purty!!
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. It is no different carrying a revolver fully loaded versus a semi auto with one in the chamber. You pull the trigger on both and it'll fire.
    It's not the same if he was referring to single action versus double action. A snag on clothes or a holster in a single action gun that is not locked has a much more real possibility of an accidental discharge, you can't deny that. Granted, an SA autoloader should never be carried with the safety off, but I can still understand there is a difference.

I have the 3 inch SP101. The past week I have put up the CW45/summer gun, and pulled out the SP101. Rides nice in my Fist holster. I also have a CB Supertuck for IWB carry.

You can't go wrong with the 101, good choice.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Uhhh.. yep. Great choice. I will own one soon.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Carried mine ED for several years. Now it normally resides in my desk or while in the woods, but every now and then.....nuthin' like a .357 Mag!

Since I got my Simply Rugged holster, I foresee my SP 101 becoming my daily carry. Don't think anyone should feel under gunned with .357 magnum!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

I carry mine every day along with my LCR357

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links