Syracuse Fire Investigators taking heat for concealed carry

This is a discussion on Syracuse Fire Investigators taking heat for concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is an article from Syracuse...a majority of the article comments are surprisingly anti-gun from liberal New York. This should be interesting to watch. Syracuse ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cataylor
  • 1 Post By Nmuskier

Thread: Syracuse Fire Investigators taking heat for concealed carry

Syracuse Fire Investigators taking heat for concealed carry

Here is an article from Syracuse...a majority of the article comments are surprisingly anti-gun from liberal New York. This should be interesting to watch.

Syracuse fire investigators have carried concealed personal guns for three years with no documented training, few knew it was happening

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Concealed means concealed.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Permits?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The investigators were denied peace officer status after the legislation was vetoed in Albany. They are unable to carry on their badge. It appears each investigator has a legally issued concealed carry permit and received authorization from their supervisor to carry their personal handgun on the job.

The media is looking for any gun related story to boost circulation and has now outed these individuals who were exercising their right to carry and protect themselves while conducting their investigations.
    FUZZ likes this.

If they are not breaking any laws or breaking any polocies, I would tell the complainer to go jump off a bridge.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I guess it depends on the state.

Viva Texas!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    NY ought to commit to their anti-gun policies. All public employees disarm- LE, judges, congressmen... Time to show the public you really mean it.
    ep1953 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    NY ought to commit to their anti-gun policies. All public employees disarm- LE, judges, congressmen... Time to show the public you really mean it.

I like your idea but we have to remember that we are just the humble riff-raff while the politicians and the judges are the elite. They deserve protection but we don't in there eyes.

I do hold the VAST MAJORITY of law enforcement people in high regard. The few bad apples should be dealt with on an individual basis.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I don't mean to blame LE, but lets face it; politicians (Mr. Bloomberg especially) use PD like their own personal security service. We understand how disarming police would drastically change how they approach their job. Sometimes you have to paint bold colors in order to get the logically impaired to see the message.

What do they need guns for? NY just passed a law that creates mandatory life sentences for anyone who murders first responders. That alone should protect them from criminals.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I know a handful of Fire Marshals in PA that carry guns, concealed, every day while in uniform. Of course, they aren't working for larger cities, they're working for smaller townships but hell, let 'em have guns. They're investigating possible illegal activity committed by people that would like nothing more than to get away with said illegal activity. I personally don't know anyone in the Fire Service who has been attacked or ambushed, but it happens all over the country.

I run with an ALS Rescue Squad and we're allowed to wear body armor due to the nature of some of our calls. Some guys do, some guys don't. Personally I wear a stab vest but not a ballistic vest. It would be awesome if we were allowed to carry firearms. It would be a liability nightmare but it would be awesome. Arm all civil servants I say. With proper training of course. Almost everyone could use more training.
    -You know Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

-Susie, if you want to see your doll again, leave $100 in this envelope by the tree out front. Do not call the police. You cannot trace us. You cannot find us. Sincerely, Calvin

Links