Finally heard from Fla about ccp...

This is a discussion on Finally heard from Fla about ccp... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dben002 So...they have not added staff to handle the increase.........I wonder if they can't meet the 90 day deadline if they will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally heard from Fla about ccp...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    So...they have not added staff to handle the increase.........I wonder if they can't meet the 90 day deadline if they will return my application fee's or will they just make up some cock and bull reason to
    reject it so they can keep the money............

My response to her:

Mamie,

Thank you for the honest update. I am sure that after this amount of time all background and mental health information has been returned to you on my application as I have no criminal record or mental health issues.

However, one statement you made concerns me " I wish I could give you an estimate as to when we might issue your license; regrettably, it is impossible for me to give you such an estimate." This would indicate that within the department it is not known what is left to do on my application.

I would assume that if my application can not be completed within the 90 days as required by your statue, you will refund my application fees.

Thanks again, I appreciate your information and update.
    Wow I already have mine however when I did check I was told they hired people and working overtime and weekends to process the applications faster. Looks to me like they cannot tell the truth either. The person I talked to on the telephone lied or Mamie lied, but one thing is for sure one of them is not telling the truth. Hope you do get it soon though. You can also file a writ through the court system. I think it is called a writ of Madamus not sure if I spelled it right, then they have to answer as to why it is taking so long. I do not know if it is worth it to do that or not.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OP, who waited until just before the election to apply for an FL CWFL? Your complaining makes as much sense as those folks who waited until now to buy a gun or another box of ammo to suppliment the only other box they have.

Few state offices can hire more people "on demand." It takes budgeting, a set hiiring process, and funding, all of which take time, and like most states, FL funding is tight. Back in 2009 the liccensing office did in fact hire more people to handle the increased application workload, and they may again, but they won't do it just for you.

He who hesitates has to wait in line. Suck it up and get in line.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    OP, who waited until just before the election to apply for an FL CWFL? Your complaining makes as much sense as those folks who waited until now to buy a gun or another box of ammo to suppliment the only other box they have.

Few state offices can hire more people "on demand." It takes budgeting, a set hiiring process, and funding, all of which take time, and like most states, FL funding is tight. Back in 2009 the liccensing office did in fact hire more people to handle the increased application workload, and they may again, but they won't do it just for you.

He who hesitates has to wait in line. Suck it up and get in line.
    We are definitely "sucking it up" here boss......as there seems to be no other alternatives......As Luke said in the movie..."waiting here boss...waiting"....or something to that effect....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    We are definitely "sucking it up" here boss......as there seems to be no other alternatives......As Luke said in the movie..."waiting here boss...waiting"....or something to that effect....
    Sucking it up would include being patient; not complaining about it. Especially considering you already have a carry permit, and FL and NC have reciprocity, there's REALLY no reason to complain about it. If you're worried about cops not knowing reciprocity laws, then print out the list of states that FL has reciprocity with while you're there and keep it in your wallet with your permit until you get your FL permit.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

I dare say most every LEO's dispatcher has a current list even if he doesn't .... and if they don't, they can call the state and ask.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links