CCL And Churches

This is a discussion on CCL And Churches within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...when we went to CHL class in the early 2000s, the instructor told us a huge number of north Texas pastors had CHL and carried ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: CCL And Churches

...when we went to CHL class in the early 2000s, the instructor told us a huge number of north Texas pastors had CHL and carried 24/7...I've had more respect for pastors since...that shows Godly wisdom...and common sense...
    aus71383 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Does anyone know if an individual could carry inside a church in Illinois? I figure since you can arm yourself in your place of business (at least, I believe this is the case) this might allow for it in a church as well? If so, can it be concealed or would it need to be open carry? This thread got me thinking about it. Any info would be appreciated!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRules View Post
    Jemsaal said... "Spiritually - I have a hard time using force to defend something that is "God's to defend." I feel the same way about myself. If I'm confronted by deadly force and in the course of the confrontation I find out it's about my faith, my weapon is staying holstered."

I agree to a point... but if someone wants to do harm to others... I feel an obligation to protect them, especially my family and children.
    When I was thinking of getting a permit I asked the LORD, is my faith supposed to protect me? and HE came right back with " can you walk on water?"

John
    aus71383 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I thought you were suppose to seperate church from state ?

Jemsaal said... "Spiritually - I have a hard time using force to defend something that is "God's to defend." I feel the same way about myself. If I'm confronted by deadly force and in the course of the confrontation I find out it's about my faith, my weapon is staying holstered."

I agree to a point... but if someone wants to do harm to others... I feel an obligation to protect them, especially my family and children.
    Honestly, I'm about 95% with you here. My only caveat, again, is the issue of faith. For instance, if someone comes in to my church screaming that Christians must die, so be it. If someone comes in to my church screaming give me your money - well, I can't do anything about it because right now, we meet in a school. But on Wednesday night if that happened, they'd be faced with my .40 because it's not a faith issue. It's just another BG going after money.

The real issue for me, is faith verses practical atheism. It's one thing to SAY we believe, but unless we put faith into practice, we're practicing atheism even as we confess belief.

In Michigan carry in Church is legal as long as the appropriate authority of the Church gives permission. I say appropriate because that authority may be different from one Church to the other. I'm a Wisconsin Synod Lutheran so the authority in our Church is with the voters. We voted on the matter so the decision was in the minutes and official. I forget the exact motion, but it encouraged members to carry. This last Sunday I was one of at least five carrying.
    RugerRules likes this.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

If you will review the old testament there were many cases where God used People to defend something that was his. case in point would be Nehemiah, they built the wall and carried a sword to fight at the same time. Murder has an attitude of hate behind it. Killing is justified even by God when it carries his approval.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links