Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit? - Page 2

Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

This is a discussion on Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fortyfive, What was the reason you gave to get your CCW in the first place? you have to give a reason each and everytime it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

Fortyfive, What was the reason you gave to get your CCW in the first place? you have to give a reason each and everytime it comes up for renewal??? I am wanting to get a CCW for my wife and I if and when we move to Cali.

Are there any organizations forwarding the CCW movement in Cali? being I amnot a resident of Cali does hurt me but in talking with the wife, the move is looking more and more certain.

~A

Originally posted by FortyFive
    I got a ccw and it expired last year because I cannot think of a good reason they will accept to renew it. So no ccw at the present. I live in California, weather is great most of times, prices are high, our democrat government is something else and affects all walks of life.

Scott, you may want to research the income tax situation in Missouri. I'm given to understand from a friend who lived in the KC area for a year that there is some sort of compact btwn KS/MO. IIRC, depending on which county you live/work in you may have to file in both states even if you only live/work in one of the states.

Don't know if this might impact you and your situation significantly, but could be a good thing to check out in advance.

Others from the KC area might me able to shed some light on this.

It depends on what purpose I was having to move. If voluntarily, NO, would not. I have grown so accustomed to carrying mine, it would be hard to \"not\" carry. If it was for my job, it would be a different story but I wouldn\'t want to.

ccw
    NO, absolutely not. No way!!!! :rock:

It is a pain in the butt to get approved to carry in USVI by the local government in USVI, however, it can be done. In advance of your arrival you must have completed the application and paid the fee's and when approved they send you a letter in the mail. Your temp. permit will be waiting for you on your arrival. If I remember correctly, the permit is only good for a very limited time, like a week or so. For a longer visit you can become a member to one of the shooting clubs on the island, but again there are ristrictions on carrying going that route. You need to check with the local aithorities in St. Thomas for what the current regs are and get the application. I don't think they recognize any US issued permits. I got one about 5yrs ago, but it was a real pain in the butt.

Originally posted by APachon
    Fortyfive, What was the reason you gave to get your CCW in the first place? you have to give a reason each and everytime it comes up for renewal??? I am wanting to get a CCW for my wife and I if and when we move to Cali.

Are there any organizations forwarding the CCW movement in Cali? being I amnot a resident of Cali does hurt me but in talking with the wife, the move is looking more and more certain.

~A

I got a ccw and it expired last year because I cannot think of a good reason they will accept to renew it. So no ccw at the present. I live in California, weather is great most of times, prices are high, our democrat government is something else and affects all walks of life.
    I am not to swift on using the quote response The ccw is good for 2 years and then you have reapply. I believe they use some of your original application but you do have to give a reason. I emailed you to explain because it was a little wordy.
    Jim March is a one man army on the ccw front. He is doing battle as best as he can. The NRA holds off door to door collection of our firearms I admit I don't understand why Americans go through this but we do!!!
    Please email me for details or whatever you need!

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    No, even though #1 son lives in in New York state (CWP very difficult) and #2 son lives in Hawaii (CWP totally impossible).

Originally posted by Scott
    ...Missouri is shall issue, but the big cities were exempted so the cities are out. Western Tennessee or Kentucky are options. So...
    I'll suggest Western Tennessee. I live near Memphis, TN and didn't have a problem acquiring a handgun carry permit. A few nice ranges out this way with some good training classes too.

FortyFive, you got mail.

~A

I am not to swift on using the quote response The ccw is good for 2 years and then you have reapply. I believe they use some of your original application but you do have to give a reason. I emailed you to explain because it was a little wordy.
    Jim March is a one man army on the ccw front. He is doing battle as best as he can. The NRA holds off door to door collection of our firearms I admit I don't understand why Americans go through this but we do!!!
    Please email me for details or whatever you need!

VIP Member
    Thanks for the input. Kansas City is definitely a target area of ours. It would be the perfect location for us given where our families live. The tax thing is interesting. I\'ve heard about it, a commuter tax I think?

Moving in July/August because that is the best time to sell here and we cannot settle here earlier than August 1st because of taxes on the gain. Looking for that place with good gun laws and CHP issuance and reasonably close to the family. Although Arizona hasn\'t been ruled out. ;)

While it is true that the big cities in Mo. don't issue, all the counties except St. Louis Co. are issueing. Jefferson, Franklin and St. Charles counties all issue and are a very close commute to the St. louis.

Nope...........

No!!! It took MANY years to get concealed carry passed here in Missouri and I would not consider moving anywhere that would not allow me to legally carry.

Originally posted by mtrapper
    I wouldn't. I don't even like living next to The People's Republic of Illinois.
    I can understand that! You'd better get busy and move --- you DO know that we're gonna give St. Louis away to Illinois soon, don't you? ;)

Originally posted by ScottMissouri is shall issue, but the big cities were exempted so the cities are out.

Missouri has some gun laws I'm not thrilled with, but they seem consistant with most Midwestern states, so not a disqualifier.
    Jackson County and St. Louis are the only two places in Missouri that won't issue a concealed carry permit right now. But, concealed carry IS legal throughout the entire state --- if you happen to reside in Jackson County or St. Louis you just have to get an out-of-state permit/license. A permit/license from ANY other state is valid throughout Missouri.

What are the Missouri gun laws that you're not thrilled with? Just curious!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links