Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit? - Page 4

Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

This is a discussion on Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moondoggie & other Nebraskans, I hate for my first post to be a blatent plug for another board, but it seems relevant given the topic. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

Nebraska Forum for CCW

Moondoggie & other Nebraskans, I hate for my first post to be a blatent plug for another board, but it seems relevant given the topic. LB454 is NE's current bill that is in committee right now regarding "right to carry" permits. A group of us have started to band together to focus on this issue.

Please stop by the CCW Nebraska forum, there is no registration required & we have tried to gather as much information as we can. The forum was created for the one single purpose of getting CCW legislation passed.

If you feel you can add to the information, or would just like to discuss, please stop by!

http://p214.ezboard.com/fccwnebraskafrm2

Also, I don't mean for this to be "advertising" and if this post is against the rules here then I would like to apologize & ask that the admins please edit or remove it as they see fit.

Thanks for your time.

Moved out of California for this very reason. CA h

I did that when I moved to the state of Misery; we now have CCW and I do not ever intend to do that again. The wife is looking at career opportunities that would require a move to another state and when she finds an opening the first thing I do is check Packing.org to check on the gun laws. A couple weeks ago she said there was an opening in Chitcago Ill. i told her that was not a funny joke, I would never move to Ill (when I have to drive through it I gas up before entering and drive straight through so as not to spend any money there) much less Chitcago.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I did it when I moved from IN (where I got my permit a year later than I should have, at age 19) to NM in 1988. Prior to moving, though, I'd looked at the statutes and determined that CCW in most places was a petty misdemeanor. I also spoke with NM police officers who told me this statute wasn't much enforced.

Now that we have a permit system in place, it's a moot point. However, I would no longer be willing to move to a state w/o a reasonable CCW permitting system. I spent too much time in NM not carrying so as to not violate the law, and I realized how rotten it was.

No to answer the question, I like others have said try not to even go to places where my CHL is not good.

Originally posted by Bumper
    We flip and flop all of the time, but after retirement we are now seriously considering Hot Springs. Looks like a nice town according to all of my research but have not been there in years. Arkansas CCW suits me fine and I can carry on my AZ license while I am waiting for it :kay:
    Bumper, good choice you just have to be aware that Hot Springs has a large area of the city that is a National Park and restricts your carry in those areas. We visit there at least once every couple of months. You might look at Eureka Springs if you are talking about after retirement, nice very laid back area that we visit no less than 2 times a year.

Nope. I like being a citizen and not a subject.

Im on my way back to Hawaii for at least 4 more years so Ill have to do what I can. They havent told me I cannot carry my benchmade yet so hopefully there isnt a rash of drive-by stabbings to make new laws. You can bet I will be tip-toeing the line as much as I can concerning doing what I can to protect myself and family without doing something illegal.

Nein!!!

Not if I had a choice. If it came down to feeding my family or not, well, I guess I'd have to go. However, if I had the choice between a good job in a restricted state and a less desirable job in a free state, I'd take the freedom route.

As far as retirement, I'm headed for: warm, reasonable taxes, and freedom to carry, not necessarily in that order.

SSKC

before the ccw law passed in Mo. i really didnt think much about it but now that i have been carring for awhile i dont think i could be without it...so i would have to say no to any state that did not issue ccw permits....

Talking

I live in a state without carry permits....but....I also live in a state where you don't need one to carry (Vt)
    "Its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    E Pluribus Unum

Nope i sure wouldnt even though they just changed the laws to make it easyer to get here i wouldnt move to a place i couldnt carry if you goona go that far might as well move to PRK

Update!!!!

Jackson County (KCMO) is now issuing!

Only St. Louis City and County are criminal empowerment zones.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to violence on their behalf.

Cool

No !

Quote Originally Posted by mikaldulee
    Update!!!!

Jackson County (KCMO) is now issuing!
    Getting close.... yes --- but I don't think they are accepting any applications for another week or so!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links