Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

This is a discussion on Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I absolutely would not. In fact, I would probably move from Colorado if they rescinded CCW permits. What would you do?...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you move to a state that did not offer a CCW permit?

I absolutely would not. In fact, I would probably move from Colorado if they rescinded CCW permits. What would you do?

DC Founder
    Nope, wouldn't even consider it. I might consider moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands with or without one, but would have to research that a bit. Anyone know the CCW laws in the USVI? I guess packing.org would probably have that information.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Nope!

I would personally be in the front line of protesters marching on the Ky state capital building if they tried it too!

No.

VIP Member
    I would not, and I don't even like travelling to/through states that do not accept my carry permit.

No way in hell would I live in a state like that.

I had to :(. Gave up my AZ CCW and I sure miss it!

We moved back to my wife's hometown in Nebraska a few yrs after I retired from the military. I also grew up in Nebraska. My wife wanted to be near her Mom in her declining yrs.....she's 80 and a widow, but healthy as a horse...prolly live to be 95. We live next door to her and I take care of her place. If we're still young enough when she's gone we'll prolly rtn to AZ.

Nebraska has one "ethnically diverse" senator in our Unicameral (that's right folks, Nebraska only has one legislative body) who filibusters the snot out of CCW every time it comes up. The rest of the senators don't care enough about it to fight over it.

Nope, I would not move to a non CCW place. I have the best permit that the state of Mass. allows us to have, but the restrictive gun laws have me wanting to move out now.

Well, here I am the lone dissenter! CCW did not enter my mind until later ib life, you see I worked a million hours a week trying to keep my family with food and shelter, it was just one of those things for the type of work I did and the time period in our country. I had guns since I was 12 and still have my .22 and 12 guage double with exposed hammers I used for duck hunting etc. It is a different time frame today, the internet allows us to communicate with each other and we are more into politics to understand what is being done to us to control our lives.
    I became interested in handguns when I could afford them later in life and my work week was my own schedule. To carry a handgun became important when crime and car hijackings etc became the norm. I wanted to protect myself and family if needed, pure defensive measure. We had a sherrif in office for 35 years and no ccw except for special people and that changed about in 2000. I got a ccw and it expired last year because I cannot think of a good reason they will accept to renew it. So no ccw at the present. In this long winded way I am taking to explain I would not move to a state where I could not carry but considerations are time of your life, work and weather.
    I live in California, weather is great most of times, prices are high, our democrat government is something else and affects all walks of life.

I wouldn't. I don't even like living next to The People's Republic of Illinois.

funny you should all mention this. Wife and I are contemplating a move to Cali. It will all be dependent on what we find out at the Front sight CCW course as they say they can greatly assist (no guarantee) in getting a Ca CCW.

~A

VIP Member

We are planning to move in July/August

Come July/August we are relocating. We would prefer a Midwest location, with Missouri being smack in the middle of where we need to be. We have ruled out states that don't have shall issue CHP. So Illinois and Kansas were quickly scratched. Iowa is may issue, so it moved down the list.

Missouri is shall issue, but the big cities were exempted so the cities are out. Western Tennessee or Kentucky are options. So yes, CHP and gun laws in general are a deciding factor in where we are looking to relocate. Missouri has some gun laws I'm not thrilled with, but they seem consistant with most Midwestern states, so not a disqualifier.

Scott those are Hot months to move in. Did that once and man did my body hate me for it. Job dictating the move? Wife and I love the Cali coast and the ability to surf and the lifestyle aside form the anti-gun stance.

~A

No way!

No:exclaim::exclaim:

Indiana has the third best gun laws in the US ..IMO, but we do live next door to Illinois. When I travel thru Illinois, I try to do it without a stop.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links