Just got another CCW permit!!!!!

This is a discussion on Just got another CCW permit!!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my Maine permit in the mail!! Had to share the news with my friends at Combat Carry! With WV, FL, NH, PA, & ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got another CCW permit!!!!!

Talking Just got another CCW permit!!!!!

Just got my Maine permit in the mail!!

Had to share the news with my friends at Combat Carry!

With WV, FL, NH, PA, & ME, I'm legal to carry in 32 states!!

I've applied for and am still waiting on CT and UT to bring the count to 35, and with some encouragement from some on this site and other friends, I'm going to apply for MA and RI soon. Add a vacation to Washoe County, NV and that would bring the total to 38!

Just a little excited and had to share!!

Putting a hold on the excitement for a moment, I do have to ask, does anyone know of a good way to get a non-resident Maryland permit?

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

2. Remove Ads

good job.. what gun will you carry??? and i mean the gun that you will carry,,, not leave in the car or back home. the gun that you have taken to the range, and put many rounds down range. the gun that you know and trust with your life. remember size does not matter, it matters that you carry it and that it can shoot up to five rounds without any problems!!!!! only on tv you will see the hundreds of round fired in a single gun fight.

Just ordered a Kel-tec P11 9mm. I've put about 250 rounds through a p3AT I picked out for my girlfriend (who has her ccw permit in WV, by the way ) and I really loved it! I just wanted something with a little more punch for everyday carry. Thinking of either pocket holster or smartcarry with a spare clip.

For my job, when I'm out in the field in the middle of nowhere, it's either my Ruger 45 or my Glock 40!

But you are certainly right - it's most important that you have a gun you will actually have with you when you need it, and since you never know when that is, you need to carry all the time!

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

Congratulations! That's quite a lineup of credentials you have there!

Thanks, AmericanCCW!

Not trying to be too "Lofty", just really happy to be on my way to legal carry in more than 75% of the US!

Owe it all to fellow packers who share their knowledge just like we are now.

Believe it or not, in May of this year I only had my WV ccw permit, which I've held since 1992. Worse yet, I didn't even know that this permit alone was recognized by 14 other states, two of which (VA & KY) border my home state of WV! I didn't even know that other states offered non-resident permits!

It's amazing how much you can learn from others who have been where you are now, and by simply going through the process yourself, then passing what you learned down the line!

Knowledge truly is power!

ccWV

Assistant Administrator
    Good result! You are pretty well covered.
    does anyone know of a good way to get a non-resident Maryland permit?
    I fear hell may freeze hard over before that would happen
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Well IIRC a resident Maryland permit costs in the tens of thousands of dollars. I reckon a non-resident permit (not that I believe such a thing exists) will likely cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I believe it has been pretty well shown that only "connected" people in Maryland can get a permit. This means people who are tight with the powers that be in Maryland. That usually means lots of campaign contributions. Probably also means you suffer from multiple personality disorder as well. Oh and those other personalities are ok because they are dead, they just happen to still be voters is all.

Congrats on your permits. I only have three, because that is all I need. Some places I just don't need to go (Maryland is on the list).
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    ...I fear hell may freeze hard over before that would happen
    Oh good, there's hope!..

Congrats ccWV.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Yeah, cost is always a consideration. For those on a strict budget, the Utah CCW works out well. Multiple state reciprocity, $59 application fee, and renewal every 5 years for only $10.

congrats carry safe
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Arizona may soon rival Utah for non resident CCW

The Arizona CCW permit has been somewhat in the shadow of the Utah permit, because Utah has had more states honoring theirs, and you have to physically go to Arizona to take a class to obtain their permit, whereas Utah has certified instructors all over the US.

But Arizona has been sneaking up on Utah in number of states recently, and has been improving its permit in several ways, including elimination of the class requirement for renewal every 5 years. Arizona's permit is now recognized in 27 states if you are an Arizona resident, and 24 states if you are a non-resident. (The difference is Florida, Michigan and New Hampshire, which only recognize home state permits).

But Arizona has two more states pending, and soon will have agreements with Pennsylvania and Mississippi. This is shown on the Arizona DPS website. This will bring the total states for a non-resident Arizona CCW to 26 (Utah is currently 28), and for a resident Arizona CCW to 29 (Utah is currently 31). I believe that Arizona DPS is quite aggressive in seeking new state reciprocity.

Another advantage of Arizona is that they mail your permit to you in about 10 days after completing your application. Utah is taking 60 days plus right now. The cost of the 5 year Arizona permit is $65.

Congratulations

Maine is also my next choice.

IA + NH + FL + UT = 33 states

As you did, ccWV, I added a number of states last year, now at a total of 29. My approach was to see which states we would get into with our travels, and then get the permits that gave us what we needed.

Most states were pretty easy, the New Hampshire non-resident was a great deal for $20 (and one-week service), considering the number of states it added for me. If folks have not checked into it, do so, for it's easy to obtain and could add a number of states for you.

The difficult state for me to get was Florida, since I learned that I needed to specifically get the Florida non-resident permit. However, with it I got four other states that I'd not have otherwise had, so it turned out to be a good buy.

It gets tough at about 30 states, and with my needs I'll likely stay right at 29 unless something opens up to make life easier on us travellers.

When we travel, I print out the rules for each state before we head out, and then use this info to "brief" myself before entering each state so I stay legal...that is a chore, but is a must. We really need a national solution!
    Last edited by JimmyC4; October 22nd, 2006 at 01:12 AM.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Thumbs up NH is SOOOOOO easy to get

I completely agree with you JimmyC! Sent in the simple application for NH with a copy of my other permits, waited NINE days - got my NH permit!! Cheap, quick, painless!

ccWV

Anyone have info on UT non resident permit?

edit Found it........ have to take a class by Utah Certified instructor.

Cost for me is 4 hours and $325.00 plus drive time (4 hours each way) But it would include FL. Only differences between the 2 is Utah is honored by MN and WA and FL isn't.
    Last edited by XD in SC; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:11 AM.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links